1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life has imploded.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by starfish, Feb 7, 2010.

1. starfish

I'm not sure what to say here, so I am just going to ramble on for a bit.

After I started going coming out last year, life was going pretty good. I was going out, making friends, having fun, meeting new people. All that good stuff. While things weren't great at work, it was ok.

Then in June my world imploded. The shit hit the fan at work and I have been working 50-60 hour weeks since then. I can't go into details here, but every week brings a new crisis that threatens to sink us. That is wearing on me and at the end of the day I don't the energy to talk to people.

Add to that in July of last year I took a month and a half long night class. Combined with my gym time, I had no free time during the weeks.

I fell out of the social circle I was in. Now most of the people I knew have moved, mad at me*, or just as burned out as I am.

So now I pretty much have no social life. All I do now is sleep, work, and work out.

So I need to start over again, but I am totally lost. Last time I had fun, but never really made any true friends. I really want to start dating, but I suck at that. I've tried the only line dating thing without success. I hate bars and clubs. I had hoped to meet someone through a network of friends, but well I don't have a network of friends.

I'm nearing the end of my pickle and something has to give. I'm just not sure how to get that started.

*Long story, but a couple of people mad at me about a decision I had no control over.