1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for straight guys...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by drake86, Feb 7, 2010.

1. drake86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Has anyone fallen for a straight guy before, and if so what did you do. It seems like all of the guys I conect with and would love to be in a relationship with are always straight...sucks.

2. crazydude

Happens to me all the time. Unfortunately I don't think there is really anything you can do about it except to get over them. It really sucks though and can be really hard sometimes. I know this probably isn't much help but yeah not really sure what your options are.

3. Zach1992

If you know they're straight from the get go then do what ever you can not to get attached. If you can feel yourself getting attached then do your best to distance yourself or you WILL get hurt.

4. wizdrorcal

Agreed you will get hurt. If you can't figure out if they could possibly be curious..then run away. Maybe you could see where your intuition leads..and if you have nothing to loose...try to play with them a bit to find out if they're curious!

5. Doreibo

Ahaha. I get it all the time. Basically I just shy away from it all. Getting too close will mean you get hurt, as the others said. But it is so hard. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just keep on truckin'.

6. RaRa

When I find a remedy, i'll get back to you. >_>

7. Sylver

Yes. What did I do? I got in way too deep, I got hurt, and I destroyed a friendship with the best friend I ever had. I don't recommend this path to anyone because it bites.

My advice? Take a cold shower. Learn how to play the piano. Take up basketweaving. Just don't try getting involved with straight guys.

8. RaeofLite

I've fallen for straight girls. It sucks since not only are they not interested in you, but they most likely will never have feelings for the same sex meaning you'll not even be a 'maybe'.

#8 RaeofLite, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  9. Alex19

im familiar with this topic all too well. many of my 1st crushes were on str8 guys... actually all. wtf now im depressed. i do however like scott evans, but ill never meet him and hes too old :frowning2:

10. thevre

Notice their flaws. Exaggerate their flaws. Then think to yourself "I could never date someone like THAT."

11. xander391

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i fell for this one guy a few weeks ago. I didnt say anything to him about it cuz were friends. now i pretend his gf is just a cover bc shes too annoying for anyone to really wanna date. lol.

12. darkestknight

Been there, done that. The last crush had an attitude problem, I should say. But sometimes I dreamt of him. Dunno why. :slight_smile:

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Minimize contact.
    Find somebody to crush on who might actually return the favor. :slight_smile:

Lex

14. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to make a point and a challenge here, but I want you to be very cautious about this opinion of mine. First, if someone is straight, we should leave them to that. But how many of you thought of yourselves as straight before you decided you weren't? How many of you were bi and having relations with the opposite sex before you had a gay encounter? How many of you met a member of your same sex, knew he/she was gay, and waited for them to make the first move and were happy when they did? Don't most people who end up gay start by thinking about it in some way. How about those of you who are bisexual? How did that knowledge and experience first start for you?

It is possible that you could bring someone (who is gay or bi) out. How? That does not mean I would encourage you to 1) start looking or 2) make the first move. Remember, plenty of gay people look and behave as if they were straight. It is not automatically wrong to be attracted to anyone. It is only wrong if you act inappropriately aggressive and make someone feel threatened. And just announcing you are gay can trigger that threatened response. The reason I say this is I have had first time sex with a number of guys in my life who were not yet out, and sometimes did not know they were gay (but proved to be after) Dangerous territory, yes; but.....? I ask this question in an academic way and I am not encouraging any behavior: just asking what is possible and best.

So my challenge to you is to ask in this forum "how far can you go" and listen to any advice you get from this question. Most of all, respect truly straight people even if you know you could "get lucky" as you would want them to respect you. This question isn't about conquests or scoring.

For instance, I would be sure that any guy I was interested in pursuing knew that I was gay in a non threatening way. Then I would wait for some kind of response or sign, all the while not making any overt pursuit. Stay careful. Was that right or wrong?

Any other advice on this subject? And let's be real here. If you think I am wrong or too dangerous with this question, say something and let us all know. :help:

15. paint

Be careful. Use common sense. If he says he's straight, give him the benifit of the doubt. (Actually I assume most guys to be straight right off the bat.) But that dosn't mean get depressed, or angry, or start ignoring the guy....just understand that he dosn't have a choice.
    And Dromadus has a point. He may very well be closeted. You just have to be patient.(*hug*)