1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You guys are probably going to laugh at me but I need second opinions. : )

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

Soo. Last night I was praying like I normally do before I go to bed. And the thought of my crush came across my mind. He's great, cute as a button, smart, tall, broad shouldered, & funny. A 6'2 version of me minus the broad shouldered part. Lol.

Anyhoo. I was like "Should I come out to him? Give me a sign, something obvious like getting hit by a bus obvious." I finished that prayer/thought and literally 3 seconds later I get a text from a friend that said "Lol. Yuup."

She responded like an hour after I initially sent her a text.

I said something along the lines of "Get it [the homework] out of the way because it'll take a while." and she responded with "Lol. Yuup."

Sooo. I'm not sure how to take that. Sign from God, or coincidence. And I realize that not all of you are religious so you'll probably say coincidence [it takes me forever to spell that lol] but I don't know. Give me your take on it.

Sign? or Coincidence?

And for a little extra background I think he likes me and is probably cool with the gays and bi's because he talks with this one clearly gay kid who has come out and snuck back into the closet numerous times, at school and seems to be ok with him. So even if he doesn't like me at least I would have another ally. : )

2. Zach1992

That is cute!

I say go for it. What do you have to lose?

3. Connor22

^ I'll second that, btw is your crush a boy or a girl?

4. Zach1992

I think it's a guy. :lol:

5. Connor22

yeah but it says she and I was confused

6. Mind Freak

Oops. Sorry! Guess I could have been more clear. : )

EDIT: apparently I did say "He's great" so I guess I couldn't have been much more clear. Lol. But it's ok I won't judge you. : )

(*hug*)

#6 Mind Freak, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  7. Zume

He mentioned "He's great" so it's a boy :lol: I'd say take it as you will..either way I suggest go for it ^_^

8. Étoile

I don't see why not. Go for it. :wink:

9. Otsuke

Lol. First: I don't think it's crazy or anything 'cause i'm always saying the same thing to myself. "Send a sign if I should blablabla". You can't imagine how i'm praying for a "sign" sometimes... and your case is, for me, a real one.

So: GO for it! :O

Maybe the sign thing is crazy but it means we're not alone in our crazyness :wink: haha.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see no need to laugh here.

Go for it. :thumbsup:

11. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love the response you got from people on EC, but my question is:

If it turns out to be a coincidence, how do you think he will respond? AND

Are you prepared for every possibility? Whatever you do be careful and stay safe.

12. Mind Freak

I know! I thought the same thing. Maybe I should come out to him and it'd be a positive experience in the long run and a negative immediate experience.

That's why I'm apprehensive about jumping off the edge and telling him. Haha.

Believe me I'm almost as cautious as they come; people call me a worry wart sometimes but whatevs. Being cautious has been very helpful so far so I have no intention of putting a stop to it.

I think I'm prepared for anything though. Emotionally I feel more stable now than I have in a long time maybe that's another sign. x D

But either way I don't think he would be too uncomfortable or spread it around to everyone if he didn't like me. At least I hope not. Like I said he doesn't seem to have a problem talking to one gay/bi/whatever he is tomorrow guy so he should be cool with me since we're closer.

But thanks for all the input everyone! I don't feel so loony/apprehensive now. Lol.

13. Enaithor

If you're pretty sure that he's not homophobic then sure, go for it! Like if you're in a room with him and the 2 people you're out to (omg <3 if this happens) and random strangers you don't care about, then point out some hot guy, like to someone you're out to, but make sure he hears, or something
    But yeah go for it man!

14. Taurusguy92

You guys all say go for it but you're not the ones who will be getting hurt if he is rejected. So, I'm not giving you any advice except do what you think is best and I wish you the best of luck

15. Mind Freak

Thanks! I appreciate your concern, but don't fret. I won't let a lot of positive answers lull me into a false sense of security. : )

16. The only way to fly is to jump off the edge. It is a very scary thing to do though.

From what you say he sound like a pretty decent guy. He openly converses with guys who are not straight so he could possibly be into guys but if not he probably won't make a big deal about it.

By the way it IS good to be cautious but only in moderation.

17. Brad

It doesn't matter if we believe it was a sign or not. It was in your prayer so it only really matters if you believe it was a sign. Although why not go for it?

18. Mind Freak

Agreed. I think I've found a happy medium though. : )
    And I haven't brought it up to him yet but he has been even more nice and talkative than usual. So I have more support. I'm still scared though. Lol.

19. Mind Freak

Sooo. I've come to the conclusion that he's not interested. : (
    Oh well.

I asked if he was busy this weekend he said yeah but asked what I had in mind, I was like go to the movies or something and he like didn't seem like interested.

It seems like he would have at least come up with something else if he was interested. So it's whatever. I'm throwing in the towel. Mind Freak has bigger fish to fry. :]

20. Taurusguy92

That's the spirit :thumbsup: Just get back out there and show them what you're made of!!!