1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GRRrr

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gemerency, Feb 8, 2010.

1. gemerency

*rant*

So about a month ago i broke up with my boyfreind, he lives in conneticut and i live in colorado, the long distance was getting difficult AND i was having problems due to the fact that he had a boyfreind in conneticut. Now i LOVE this guy. he's god awsome. but the reason i broke up with him is because i knew i couldn't provide the caring, physical relationship that his original boyfreind would. i broke up with him because of how much i cared for him, and to help strengthen their relationship. now, i got back on the chat we used the other day to find out that my ex is alone and being ignored by his boyfreind because he's having to much fun in college. this really pisses me off. I gave up the best relationhip i've ever had just to have them happy together but now, nothing, its like i gave up happiness for nothing:bang:.I want to get back together with my ex but i don't knowing how great of a heartache it would cause, last thing we need now is more mixed feelings.

anyway. sorry to dump this on y'all (the usual rant ending)

2. gemerency

hmmmm. i seemed to have forgoten to mention, can i have some advice plz?

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! EC is a good place to rant! Glad you got it off your chest! (*hug*)

How about trying to be friends for now? It sounds like that he needs a friend that he trusts and knows cares about him.

What you did was quite a selfless act. But before you try getting together also ask yourself as to why you broke up with him. You have already mentioned.

I think it would be good if you look at the reasons as to why you broke up again , and also look at what made the relationship that it was, then decide as to whether you want to approach him about giving it another go.

4. Just Adam

well not sure what to say. your rant suggests tou and this other guy was dating your ex at teh same time if so your better off out of it as i cant see how there can be commitment and trust in that. what i would ask is when you said you wanted to end it what did he say? what was his reaction? did you tell him why you wanted to end it?

fact is if u keep in touch with him and you want to be with him tell him say you only ended it to help them two as you only wanted whats best for him but you love him too much to sit by as he gets treated like dirt and your not strong enough to walk away as you love him...

or somthing like that.