1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Feb 8, 2010.

1. mydogstewie

I really hate my school. Today was especially bad. I just need to rant. See, I have friends that are bigger than I am and we like to joke around a lot.

There's this one friend of my best friend who I don't like. He's nice sometimes, but he mostly insults me and pushes me ALL THE TIME. I mean, he's nice, but he also always calls me a faggot and just makes fun of my sexuality in general.

Every guy makes fun of me. It's either a random, "You're gay!" or a "You like men" and It's really starting to get me upset. Usually, I have a thick skin, but I mean, I just hate my school.

I am a liberal atheist bisexual in a conservative catholic school. I hate it. I have like 12 friends in school and it makes me feel lonely. I feel lonely. I want to graduate and go to the most liberal college in the country. I hate school...:tears:

2. Rikudo

Cheer up guy although I'm not out there will always be the select few dicks who think it's funny to say things like that. I plan to come out when I don't have to deal with anybodies bullshit. I'm gonna straight up tell them you can be okay about it or you can kiss my ass cause I don't have to deal with you anymore.

3. Mind Freak

Aw man! That sucks! I hope you feel better. Have you told them to lay off?
    And honestly if your best friend won't back you up a little bit maybe he should be labled a "best" friend.

And dude if all people have to say about you is comments about liking guys then obviously you're doing something right with your life so try not to sweat it too much.

See if you can graduate early and go to a liberal college. There are some colleges that you can go to like junior year so maybe look into those and see what your options are to speed up the education process. : )

Good luck!

4. Strawberry

Oh, man. You and I are in the exact same boat. Awful, isn't it? ):

My school is extremely conservative and full of people just like that too. In fact, I just posted a huge rant about it. I wish I could graduate tomorrow.

Ask that guy to stop if you haven't already. If he won't, then try getting your friend to ask him. If he's really your best friend, then he won't tolerate that guy saying those things to you.

5. thevre

Freak them out- moan things about "disco sticks" in their ears and rub up on them. Or lick them.

I do this to one of my friends who randomly says "you're gay" every ten minutes. He beats me with musical instruments in band. I have welts. But it's all in good fun. Wow this post wasn't much help. But yea, if you're comfortable enough around them, I'd say go for it.

6. Johnnieguy

You know the great thing about high school? IT ENDS. I by no means had a bad high school experience (but I wasn't out then).

The thing to know, that maybe will keep you going, is that in high school, every single person is putting up a front. They are all projecting an image of who they want to be rather than who they actually are, all for the sake of fitting in.

By the time your 5 year HS reunion rolls around, you will be surprisd by how many people have come out, shed their old images, changed their attitudes..Basically, how many have grown up.

7. NeonCookies

hold in there it will all be over soon, if it makes you feel any better i used to get pushed into lockers

8. Sicsemper79

Don't do that...

Do stand up for yourself. You don't have to take that shit.

9. Ralivar

As a few people have said high school ends, it may not seem like it at the moment but it does. You just have to stay strong and think about what you want when you finish school and focus on that.

10. Just Adam

am i the only one that thinks 12 friends is alot?

just take it or smack him school dont last forever.

11. haelmarie

Amen sister. I think I have like three, tops.

As for school: my mantra is "be thankful for what you have". I mean, after all, how lucky is it that you're actually getting an education?

But if it's totally soul-destroying, don't hesitate to talk to your parents about switching schools.

12. I don't know if you live in the sates but perhaps you could see if your state offers online education. Its what i do :slight_smile: i don't know if any other countries offer it to high school students.

13. Fargo

Fargo Guest

If you live in either the states or Canada, that is considered a hate crime and assault. If they don't stop, you can have them charged for verbal and physical assault via hate crime.

I've switched many schools cause I've gone through that crap too. Eventually, as kids grow up, they start being less ignorant and more mature...Sometimes, not always. I know for sure that most people in my school don't actually get any more level-headed as they grow up. But, just try your best...Plus, you got tons of friends from the sounds of it! And if it's your friends pushing you around and calling you that, tell them to cut it out? If they don't, are they really friends?

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thick skin wears off when repeated bombarded, you're right to feel angry.

When someone insults you they spit verbal venom in your face, and there is nothing wrong with fighting back. If people want to be insulting insult back.

A lot people will try to tell you don't let it bother you and they're only words, but that crap never works. I took a lot of crap when I was in school (and no one knew I gay either) and some of the scars are still with me today.

Build your tool kit of verbal self defense.

I was a little guy too, and you're probably worried about getting the crap beat out of you if you fight back, well it could happen, but I found that once people see you going to fight back it isn't as much "fun" picking on you. Also people tend to have a "pack" mentality, as in they insult you when they two or three friends to back them up.

Good luck out there :thumbsup:

15. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i was thinking exactly the same . ive never had more then 4 friends at school. mostly bec ause idont need mroe then 4 .

i suggest that you find a few friends who dont do any of that and stick with them. plus it dosnt matter what other people think. just note that people who make fun of others ussaualy have bad lives. so your probably better off then them

16. Camman3

Do they know that it hurts you?

Like you said... you have a tough skin. To them, it may appear that you are taking it as a bad joke, but really it IS upsetting. You should tell your friends that it actually gets to you - if they are your friends they will understand, I promise. If it makes things easier, you can ask him to be honest back with you: is there anything you do that makes him/her/them feel uncomfortable or unhappy with themselves? (Literally ask them to open up to you).

Secondly, hang in there pal. Just try and keep putting one foot in front of the other. We all go through the highs and lows. You'll get past this to better times; I know that - I want you to try believe it, too.

And for tough times, you have all of us on EC (*hug*)!!

By the way... 12 is quite a big number! I have 2 close friends, and 4 or 5 general friends... lol - you seem to have ample support.