1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - For my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Revan, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so my friends Eric and Andrew are dating and last night Andrew told his mother that they're together. She's now wanting him to go back to his old school because he was going to be going to Eric's school. I really am needing advice on how to help them handle this. I don't want to see them separated, it was hard for me to get Eric to accept himself as bi, and they've been dating for 5 months. I really could use some help. They live here in Ontario, Canada so any Canadians with ideas it would REALLY help...

2. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

If he is 19 like you, his parents shouldn't really have control over what school he is going to. Unless they are paying for it and will not pay for Eric's school. He can try to pay himself or get a job to go to Eric's school, but even if they don't go to the same school they can still hang out a lot still.

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhm... why did he tell his mother they were together? I mean I can understand wanting to (eventually) let your parents know but why would you broach the topic if it might have such a negative result?

Anyway, if she is really adamant about the only thing he could do is run away or emancipate himself from her and then have to support himself. Neither of those options are particularly good, which kinda comes back to the whole notion that avoiding the problem in the first place would have been a heck of a lot easier.

4. Tom

Tom Guest

well parents usually have a hard time adjusting and do sum things they regret later at first, in time hopefully she realises tht she made a mistake 2 try separate em and will let them go 2 the same school but if ur friends talk to the mum then well she shoud listen to her son, if she sees how happy they are together her maternal instincts will just say let them get on with it if it makes em happy but parents will always need time 2 adjust as ive said, took mine afew years and in tht time they actually decided 2 redecorate me room pink wile i was on hol lukily for me they didnt go thru with it, they did it, well wanted to, cus they didnt understand and fught i wanted it. this was early on just as id came out

#4 Tom, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well right now...Eric's mom knows they're together (the more understanding person), while Andrew's mom now thinks they're just good friends. That's just an update...