1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide and seek tearing me apart

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fabu2113, Feb 12, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

well im not feeling too good right now.im tired of hideing it.idk if i can take it anymore.i had unuff, this gay thing. im going to a pflag meeting this comming month.i think it will do me a world of good.if someone\friends asks me if im gay im just going to say yes and if i chicken out i will probly pull the im confused line. it is 1 in the morning and i cant sleep bc of this.right now i feel like i want to go outside and yell that im gay.i dont care what people will say about me,its better than terring myself apart every night.i just want every one to know which you do IIIIIIIIMMMM GAAAAYYYYYY, that feels good just writing it.wow.:thumbsup:im probly at least coming out to my mom this month. i wish for love thanks for reading to who ever reads this.:icon_sad:

2. Taurusguy92

At least you're sure... I'm still in the questioning phase but I think I'm slowly leaving it. Either way I wish you the best of luck tomorrow and don't worry. You're not alone in feeling torn by hiding it

3. TroubledRyan

heh my friend,it gets esayer with everyone friend,I beleave I'm out to about 9 of my friends,I tryed to,I tryed so hard to tell my mom,but I just couldn't,so that means I'm not ready to tell ehr.but just tell one person at a time,you feel better for every single one that knows,and eventually you will be fully out...so you will no longer feel traped

4. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

thats what im problbly going to do, bc this is hurting my health or well being.its also crushing my confidence.telling other friends would be for the better.what would be best is telling when they ask but im not that read i think.(*hug*)

5. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

aww dont worry man im sure youll figure it out.be strong.your are great person either way you take.always do what you feel its best for you no one else.i hope everything works out for you friend and if you want to talk i will be here to listen(*hug*):slight_smile:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there!

Great that you have decided to go to the PFLAG meeting! I'm sure it is going to help you in feeling at ease with your coming out process.

As it was mentioned above, maybe try to come out to some more friends. Maybe set yourself the goal of coming out to another friend. Do you have a friend to whom you could come out to and would feel comfortable with? If you do, pick that friend as the next person to whom you will come out to.

However, I wouldn't place such an emphasis on "how far I am out" because and as you realize it does can take its toll on you. Coming out and trying to be yourself can already produce quite a bit of stress. Don't make it even more difficult for yourself by thinking too much about how out you are. Maybe try taking a more 'relaxed' attitude towards it and just go with the flow as it were. You have already set yourself a goal of coming out to your mum....which is good, however also keep in mind that should it not happen (for whatever reason) it is okay. What counts is that you have tried and given it some thought.

As you continue the coming out process and build your support network, the feeling of hiding will disappear.

But do take it slow. Make sure that you balance your need to come out but also the need to be comfortable when coming out and knowing that you are ready for coming out to a friend or your mum.

7. adam88

I know how you feel, as I was like that for a while. It'll pass. :slight_smile:

8. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have trouble telling everyone i'm gay too. It gets annoying and stuff but you can end it if you can build up the courage.

Also, can I get some grammar in your posts?

A few notes:
    Periods should have a space after them.
    The first words of sentances should have capital letters.
    Commas are a wonderful thing!

It's just really hard to read when you post things with little to no grammar

9. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am going thorugh this right now as well. Only difference being, my mum knows..and yes,contrary to my popular belief, she didnt oust me! I broke into tears and she was just .. LAUGHING! She can be pretty mean at times!

Those were the most baffling 30 MINUTES of my life!