1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The plot thickens...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Connor22, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Connor22

So I was at a pub quiz the other night, and I was sitting with some girls I knew from school, and while they were talking one of them starts whispering and holding her hand up to cover her mouth from me, then they started talking out loud again, about this mystery thing that I'm not allowed to know, from the conversation I could make out "he asked, you know scott, he asked him out and now they don't talk to each other" and "he says he really doesn't want to be" and "he really hates it" so from that I'm guessing this mystery person is gay/bi and is probably going through a rough time, so I'm wondering should I try and find this guy, try and help him or just leave him alone and hope he sorts his own problems

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say let it go. All you have to go on is what you overheard two people MIGHT have said. It may mean something, it may not.

Lex

3. Ralivar

I agree with Lex, there isn't much you can do and if you find this person, it mioght make whatevers happening worse. i think its best to let people come to you and sort things out on their own terms.

4. Sylver

That's not enough information for you to go on. Your heart is in the right place, though. I'd say keep your ears near the grapevine and if you hear more "chatter" that supports your suspicions, then you can consider acting on it. But even then, it might be a little intimidating or "out of the blue" to go from not knowing someone to being their therapist, so you'd probably want to start by just getting to know this guy and being a friend. Here's how I would see it if I were him - a good friend is worth his weight in gold, and if that good friend then turns out to be gay and can offer some meaningful help, then that's even better! :thumbsup: