1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Neighbor

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by young92, Aug 24, 2007.

1. young92

So I need advice.
    I have this really hot neighbor who lives about 3 houses down from me, and he's SO HOT!
    he's always working out, and the best thing is that he works out in his garage, with the garage open, and shirtless :grin: and he's usually outside playing baseball with his brothers shirtless :grin: ...i really want to go talk to him, i don't think he's gay but it would I'd love to just be around him...but the thing is that i'm so SHY...i don't want to make a fool of myself...my mom knows his mom...but i've never met him...

wat should i do?
    he goes to my school too!

2. kevinx519

well maybe if hes playing basketball with his brothers, you could ask if you could join in for a game. itll help break the ice.

3. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I am in the same boat as you. I like the neighbor across the street. Hes goodlooking, nice, and funny :eusa_droo (they need an icon that has a smilie with hearts floating above it, unless they do and I just didn't see it...) but I will get to know him... *pokes post*

Anyways, you can try to go outside more and do random stuff, maybe he'll talk to you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I know its hard... I can't think of any ways, because I don't know how I would really go about getting to know him (I am shy too so I won't just say go over and talk to him) Lets see... You could go over and ask if you can play basketball if you like to play basketball. I would try that if I liked basketball :slight_smile: Or you can try to get to know him through your mom, if you can. Also it might be easier to get to know him at school, 'cause if you don't like basketball or sports much you can talk about things at school to break the ice. I used to talk about a lot of things with my friend at school that were about the school cause I didn't have much to talk about.

I enjoy listening rather than talking. :slight_smile: (but I don't like to have to keep eye contact the whole time while listening... hehe)

:goodluck:

#3 bvtsjm116, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  4. young92

i hope i end up in a class with him...

5. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Are you going to high school?

(I need to take a shower so be right back)

but if you are going to the same high school... And you haven't gone to school with him, or it isn't obvious you're going to the same high school, and he is going into high school too, if you play basketball with them you can say "So what high school are you going to" or "are you going into high school next year too?" and he'll say where you are going then you can say like "me too" or something like that. Unless high school started already (hasn't for me...) Or ask him how he likes the new high school. I'm worried I won't be having lunch period with my -few- friends... I'll probably have to sit with some aquantinces (from my old school, not really friends or enemies, but I know them) which will be awkward cause they got friends there too... but everything usually seems to turn out ok, but I can't live off of that... and, whoops, ranting about my own life... sorry

Hope I am of... some... help...

BRB

#5 bvtsjm116, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  6. young92

yep...i'm a sophomore

7. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Ooo, 14 is young, I am 15 and going into high school this year...

If you don't see him in school you could say how you think you've seen him at school and what classes he is in etc, or ask him if he's ready for next year.

Or, like first said, go play basketball with him =P Go outside and walk your dog or get the mail or something, and then ask if you can play basketball with them (if they are close by), thats what I'd do... =P

But it can be hard. Invite him to do something. It might be awkward at first, but if you 'hit it off' you won't feel so weird next time.

Now, I am really going to take my contacts out and get a shower. I'll be back to reply in like 10 minutes...

8. young92

hmm...yea i used to live in cali and i think they start earlier
    i turn 15 on sep 5th though

so yea

i think i'll do that tomorrow...just like walk my dog while they're out
    hopefully i wont make a fool of my self

9. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Sorry for taking sooo long, I dunno if your still here, but, hope my advice works for you >_<. Try not too make it look obvious, although he probably doesn't know your gay... You might feel awkward cause you like him, but he doesn't know you like him that way. I just try to think what they are thinking. Even if you act nervous they probably will think you are just shy, they probably have no clue you like them, unless its obvious you are gay.

I'll be waiting to see how it goes.

I hope it goes well, I'm not too experienced at this. Tomorow I am gonna try to get to know my crush too... so hopefully we will both do good. :lol:

Even if its awkward at first you'll get to know each other better and it'll get less awkward. They won't remember any stupid things you do in a few days anyways :slight_smile:

You must be less shy than me, it'd take me like days to gather up enough courage to do what you are doing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. 24601

I don't really have anything to add except wishing you good luck.

Oh, and...

:love: : l o v e :

11. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Thanks =P :love:

12. young92

ahh...i don't know if i will be able to...kinda nervous
    and no, no one knows im bi...

13. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Yea, I know how you feel. I probably wouldn't be able to do that, I'd probably try to get to know him at school. I keep changing how I feel, one moment I am at the point where I could care less anymore what happens in my life, then I start to care... heh, but the only way you'll get to know him is if you talk to him. From my little experience, if you break the ice, its really not so hard anymore. Because then you have a reason to want to have them come over or something :slight_smile: Sadly its not a new school for both of you cause then you can both be in the same boat- not knowing anyone and you can get to know each other because you are from the same neighborhood. Thats how I made a friend, sorta, we were the only people to come from the same school and so we naturally felt a little more comfortable around each other even though I was a total dork at my old school :confused:

Hmm, I ramble too much :icon_redf hopefully that might be... somewhat useful. If you get to know him at school, just a little bit, it'll be much easier to break the ice and go play basketball with them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I honestly can't think of very much solutions because I know how hard it is and there isn't many ways that a shy person (me too) can go about just talking to them, because its really nervewrecking and hard to do.

Make an excuse to go over by them and then ask if you can play basketball with them. Or meet him at school.

Hope I helped somewhat =/ I've never actually been able to get close to my crushes, but I can say some ways I've made some friends, and I plan to get to know my current crush. I'm gonna go out on a limb and invite him over- the point of no return :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: Sorry for so much babbling, I hope you can get maybe something out of what I've said ~_~

14. young92

haha its alright.
    hmm...i'll try to go meet him next time my mom goes to talk with his mom. or unless i see him at school

15. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Well, I wish you luck. Hopefully you can get to know him sometime. I'm going to try to invite my 'crush' over today.

But, just think. Trying to get to know him is better than not try at all. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Its easier said than done, but just try something to get to know him, if you never try you'll never know :slight_smile:

16. young92

good luck
    you have to let me know how it goes!

17. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

ok, you tell me how it goes too :slight_smile:

18. young92

alright
    Good Luck To You Too!!

(*hug*)