1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Again....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Feb 15, 2010.

1. mydogstewie

My girlfriend of 2 months and I went to a dance at my school. Let's say it was not great. I don't think I want a girlfriend anymore.

It started with a party I went to on Friday. I went to a really fun party will all my friends from my old school (the friends who are all gay friendly). They are really cool, and I always have fun with them. Anyways, we were all a little crazy and decided to play spin the bottle. My girlfriend wasn't there so I decided to play. Kissing those other girls made me realize that I don't want a girlfriend. I want to be single and have options until I get a boyfriend.

I don't know whether to break up with my girlfriend or not. I don't have any feelings for my girlfriend anymore. I don't know how to do it. She loves me so much, and I don't love her.

We don't see eachother that often (about once a week) and it's not working for me. I don't want to be mean and do it anyway other than in person.

I want a boyfriend...I don't want a girlfriend anymore.

What do I do? :help:

EDIT: This has happened 4 times....I lose all feelings for the girls I date...

#1 mydogstewie, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you don't love her anymore, then I think it would be unfair to her and to yourself to continue the relationship and 'pretend' that everything is fine. If you know that you don't love her and feel that your physical attraction to girls becomes weaker, sit down with her and talk to her about it.

Maybe sit down with her at a coffee shop or at a place where you feel comfortable and talk with her. Being honest in these kinds of situations is really hard but if you can be honest with her about the situation and your own feelings, I think it would be a lot better then not being open with her about it.

But given that it has happened a few times already, I would suggest that you try to look a bit deeper into your feelings and try to understand as to what is happening, which could also be a part of your conversation with her.

3. Rikudo

Like Mirko said it's not fair to her and yourself to continue the relationship. I've been in the same spot you've been with my past 3 relationships. You should take a break and collect your thoughts calmly. It's not fair to your other if it's a one sided relationship.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Letting it continue isn't doing you or her any favors. You might not have feelings for her, but you presumably care enough about her to want her to be happy. And you know she's not going to be happy with you in the long run, so better to let her find somebody she CAN be happy with.

When you break up with her, keep the focus on you. SHE didn't do anything wrong. YOU simply don't have any feelings for her of that type. You might like her as a friend, but that's it. And because of that, you think it'd be best to break up with her, so you could both find somebody you both can be happy with.

Lex

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell her you can't. Follow the advice of the people above me lol. I don't have anything else to say lol everyone's said everything.