1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating someone in the closet...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by someguy82, Feb 16, 2010.

1. someguy82

Is there ever a point where they won't stand you up for a date based on a really stupid reason?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're presumably talking about a specific guy, rather than a large group of people. It'd be similar to me saying "Gay guys - isn't it irritating how they post hypothetical questions about everything all the time?"

Lex

3. someguy82

So much sass!

That aside, in general after coming out I adopted a firm rule that I wouldn't date anyone in the closet, one because it never worked when I was in the closet, and two because I tended to treat the guy I was dating like crap just to maintain my "closetedness(?)". Of course I break my rule, and the guy blows me off only to act lovey dovey when I get mad (just to blow me off again for the same damn reasons). Maybe I should just accept that he's not that into me.

4. someguy82

And sorry I'm being vague, he doesn't post here, but I feel like I'd be betraying his confidence if I gave anymore information than that.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I don't see the need to drop him in any categories other than presumably the "not a very good boyfriend" category. Dump his ass, and find somebody who doesn't blow you off (except in a good way).

Lex

6. someguy82

Yeah not a situation where there's much advice to give other than "dump him," just felt like whining about it lol.

That said, it's frustrating when you like someone and presumably they like you, but their hangups get in the way.

#6 someguy82, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010