1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mending A Relationship v.v

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TroubledRyan, Feb 16, 2010.

1. TroubledRyan

Uhmmm...well I have a few people I have to recover with...

My mom...she is the most important person ever to me...even though as of late it doesn't seem that way.We are always fighting,I can't go one day without her wanting to bother me...and I want to stop being an asshole...I want to be able to smile at home again...but I dunno what to do! v.v

And my best friend...I think I just completly fucked things over in less then 10 txts o.o. Anyways,I got her to and my other good friend to hook up,except know that I did,I really regret it,she litteraly drags me away from my other friends,and after she gets me with them,she then completly ignores me cus she is so busy flirting,so I have been avoiding them. Anyways she txt'd me telling me somthing that was bothering her about him,and I just told her "oh,I'm sorry" and from that,I gess I was being shallow,which I really didnt give a damn,so I gess I was...anyways,things escalated nd I told her what was bothering me,and why I have been avoiding them,nd in the end we basicaly told each other to fuck off...

Huuu...I need some help,cus I know I have just been coming off as a tottal asshole to other people latly,I have been extreamly moody,and hate it when people bug me,inless they are people I want to bug me...

2. biisme

The best way to start to mend a relationship where you feel like you've been coming off as a "total asshole" is to tell the person that you're sorry. Then, tell them what they mean to you and how you want to start over, or you don't want to fight anymore. Tell them you're going to try to be different and you hope that they give you another chance. Int his case, honesty is most definitely the best policy because people are more willing to try again if you tell them that you recognize your own shortcomings.

3. Sylver

I'm not going to bother saying anything more than this, because these are words to live by. A heartfelt apology is like duct tape, it can fix just about anything.

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having a period of being easily irritated happens to everyone now and then. Other people are likely to know that. They probably have their moody days themselves too! So, as the others say: just tell them that you realise you haven't been the best of company as of late, and want to work to improve the relationship again.

However, don't go to the other extreme of taking all blame. Apologise for how you acted and how you said what you said, but don't necessarily take back all that was said either.
    Fights can be nasty, but they sometimes can bring problems to the forefront, and sweeping everything under the rug isn't a good idea.

If there is something bothering you about your mom and your friend, it's best to have a talk rather than just going back to acting as if nothing is wrong, because that way the problem might just fester again until the next outbreak. Just think of what your mom does that irritates you and mention it. She might have a good reason, and she might have one or two things that irritate her as well. Or she might not have a good reason, but just didn't know you were irritated. In any case, having it out in the open can only improve the relationship.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the best things you can do in situations like this (both of them) is approach things as openly as possible. If the people involved saw something like your original post, they'd be in a much better position to understand what's going on, how you feel, and what you want to happen.

So perhaps try that. Don't print out the post, necessarily, but try approaching the problems directly. Have a talk with your mother and tell her "you've always been the most important person in my life, but it seems our relationship seems really strained lately. And I know a lot of that has to do with me being kind of an asshole lately, and I just want to say I'm sorry for that." Things can go from there.

Similarly, go talk to your friend. (Don't try doing this by text.) Say how sorry you were for what you did, and do your best to explain what might have motivated it. "I AM happy you two got together, but unfortunately, I started feeling like a third wheel around you, and I got jealous. I'm sorry about that."

Lex

6. TroubledRyan

Ya...I suspose thats the best I could do at this point...and I try to talk 2 my mom bout things,but she always trys to roll it back to me...

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If part of the problem is you "being an asshole", then perhaps it SHOULD be rolled over back onto you. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. TroubledRyan

huh....ya,thanks you guys...this sucks,but I gota do it v.v