1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Anarchy3825, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Anarchy3825

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok i REALLY like this one guy, hes a year younger than me and hes like life to me. I only have one problem... I have no clue if hes gay/bi. How do i figure this out, do i make a move and find out that way, or do i ask? :help:

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you friends with him? If so, you could try subtly steering conversation towards a gay celebrity, gay marriage or something like that, and try to at least gauge his opinion about sexuality.

3. biisme

Continuing off what Maddy said, if you're not already friends with him then the best thing to do is get to know him a little better (and not only in the aspect of finding out if he is gay/bi).

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As biisme mentioned, talk to him. I would try to get to know him more, or perhaps even better. The more you get to know him, the greater his trust in you will be. Through getting to know him, not only will you create a greater sense of trust but you will also learn as to whether he is into guys or girls or perhaps both? try to pick a conversation topic with which you are comfortable to start with.

At the same time, getting to know him, will allow you to see what makes him tick. Sometimes, as we get to know people more, the crush or feelings that we have for them will fade. We see that even if there is a chance that the other person is gay it wouldn't really work out.

5. Beachboi92

1) you have to be careful about this whole thing and be ready for it not to be the way you want and him just being a friend
    2) you have to be out to him if you expect things to go anywhere. This will also help you gauge how he feels about the issue. You could simply say something like "your not worried people are gonna think you are gay or something cause you hang out with me?"
    3) remember just because he thinks there is nothing wrong with gay people or even if he thinks lady gaga is the best artist ever. Nothing should be aloud to point to him being gay unless he tells you or makes out with you (my rule xD)

If hes a close friend you just have to let things run their course, and be careful its easy to get hurt in a situation like this. GL hope i helped message me anytime if u want, got a little experience with this sort of situation xD

6. Anarchy3825

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks! Ill try it when i see him