1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katie, Feb 17, 2010.

1. katie

my girlfriend cheated on me 5 months ago, and slept with another woman. multiple times. now, this girl is one of my gf's closest friends and my gf texts her all day every day, and when she goes to visit her, she comes back very late at night, having been gone for hours. i trust that my gf wont start anything, but i know that this girl wants her for herself, despite knowing we're together. it hurts me. every time she goes to see her, every time she texts this girls, im forced to remember what happened.
    im at breaking point. i love her with all my heart, but im not happy.
    help

2. Uruz

Have you told her recently how much it hurts you that she sees this other woman all the time? I admit my closest friends are former lovers, but ones I have absolutely no desire to hook up with again. The burden is on her to make you feel at ease, since she cheated with this woman... it would be a different story entirely if she was just an ex... so have courage and talk with her about it. It may mean that they back off from each other and cease communication entirely for a few weeks...

Or, perhaps your girlfriend is really in love with this person and doesn't know how to break up in an honorable manner. If this is the case, you may just have to let her go and be okay with it.

When you talk to her, give her leave to say what ever she needs to. Tell her it's okay to be honest, and ask her who she loves more, who she wants to be with.

Hope this helps, this is what I would do anyway.

Good luck (*hug*)

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gonna have to assume a few things. You know for a FACT that she cheated on you several times with her, correct? And she KNOWS that you found out? How'd she react to that? She said, "OK, we'll stop sleeping together when we hang out" and assumed that would take care of it?

I'd say a serious talk is in order. The fact that she'd cavalierly spend lots of time with the person she cheated on you with and simply expect you to "deal with it" doesn't sound like she has much consideration for you or your feelings. And given that, I'd say you might want to consider giving them what they both want.

Lex