1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epiphany

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cpt doodles, Feb 17, 2010.

1. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i was talking to some girls the other day and i think i had a bit of a epiphany - i guys more than girls, and im happy with that =]
    all the thoughts and denial and hiding it is just diggin a big stupid hole, so i guess accepting it is better than sitting around being a lonely, antisocial idiot (not that accepting this is gonna change that lol) =]
    i have had girlfriends and stuff but they did literally nothing that wud turn me on, but guys have always 'stirred' something in me, you know, its like looking at girls (even naked ones) never really did anything for me, but guys have always made my heart race (thats sound retarded but i cant explain it any other way). ive been hiding and denying this for so long now, but no more =]

2. Sylver

Welcome to an important realization! Especially the "I'm happy with that" part - that put a big smile on my face! :icon_bigg

Just keep listening to your intuitions and let them tell you everything about you that you need to know - those inner voices are usually right!

3. EM68

Congrats on your epiphany! I felt simular feelings about guys for a long time. Guys 'stirred' me but I did not know what it was until I came out to myself.

4. Sicsemper79

Welcome to the club bud!

5. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to yourself :slight_smile: That's a big step done.

6. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! Thats great!!

7. Gambit

Something very similar happened to me as well. I have been trying to suppress the attraction i feel for guys for years. It was causing me a lot of pain. But, today i looked myself in the mirror and said "i like boys and i have to accept it!" after that i felt so much better. I never imagined that accepting it was gonna make such a difference in my life.

8. adam88

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: I was in much the same boat you are. Congrats on that first step. :slight_smile: It's a doozy but you feel good once it's over with.