1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who could hate me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Feb 17, 2010.

1. So today I was in the hallway at school when a freshman who I knew fairly well came up to me and that there was someone in his spanish class that hated me. I wasn't really all that phased by it because I look at it in the sense that this person is taking special time out of their day to think about me, I don't focus on whether it's a good or bad thought just that their thinking about me. So I really didn't care, but now I can't stop thinking about it. This kid is in an all freshman class, I'm a senior, how do they even know I am let alone hate me. The samething hapoened to me last week. Another one of my friends, a freshman, told me they knew someone who hated me cause the way I talk. I don't get it do these people really have nothing important to do with their time so they waste it on talking about how they dislike someone they never met. I can't wrap my head around it.

2. RaeofLite

There will always be someone who hates you for the way you talk. Another for the way you walk. Another for the way your hair looks etc etc.

Not just that, but he's a freshman, you're a senior-hence he is most likely more immature than you are. People who are immature tend to be insecure and when they're insecure they likely feel the need to pick other people apart to make themselves appear bigger and better. It's a sad reality. :confused: Just remember that you're better than stooping to that level. :grin: (*hug*)

3. Johnnieguy

Story time..

When I was in HS, I hung out with a totally different crowd than I do now. (Conservative, athletic, etc... you know the type). When I went to college I met some other people from the Twin Cities (who went to HS with my cousin and MS with these 2 girls who some how ended up at my HS). Anyhow, this one girl told me that the girls from my high school told me that she would hate me because I'm "really conservative".

That struck me as WAY off. How on earth could I be misconstrued as CONSERVATIVE? I exude liberalness-even before I was out, I was super liberal. I was judged based on the crowd I was with..not exactly the best measure of an individual's personality!

But it's high school. People do that sort of thing.

4. Beachboi92

1 you are in highschool, people are all sorts of things that i don't have time to list. Mainly in HS. Secondly, it is a freshman don't even worry about it. IMO that right there is enough to laugh it off. Freshmen are generally incredibly immature and haven't wrapped their heads around the fact that this is not 8th grade and they are not cool top dog anymore....

If your friend tells you about it just be like "and? why would i care about the opinion of someone who's balls haven't dropped yet?" which is awesomely mean but also true. You are talking about someone who is immature and childish while ALSO being in HS. This seems to allow people to defy common courtesy and human decency and act like tools and jackasses etc etc etc hope i helped :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Alex19

screw these freshman. theyre just trying to cause trouble. there prolly isnt someone saying this shit in the first place. just finish ur year and gt the hell outa high school

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What sort of person takes time out of their day to track someone down to say "there's this guy who hates you"? I don't know what they call them now, but back in my day, they were known as "shit-stirrers".

Lex

7. x2x2x2x2y2

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!! They're everywhere, especially high school.

P.S. i also hate when people write a sentence in all caps. >_>

8. Antonio252

That's high school for you, the same thing happen to me but I ignored it; because why should it bother that someone who I don't know doesn't like me. So don't you worry about.

#8 Antonio252, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  9. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with lex...seriously don't worry! This guy is clearly a dickhead if he doesn't even know you but he's decided to hate you. And as he hasn't even got the balls to have a go to your face when you had the balls to come out...

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    kids throw the word hate around, without even really knowing what it means.
    Correction: The human race throws the word hate around so much that it has lost all its meaning.

Somone says: "I hate you." then ask what that even means.