1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SO NEW to this...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by drake86, Feb 23, 2010.

1. drake86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I just came out and pretty much everyone knows in the new city that I just moved to about 7 months ago. I have been talking to this guy and he seems really cool but am nervous at the thought of doing anything beyond just talking with him. Is this normal? I have never been intimate with another man before and am very nervous about it.

2. Milord

Yes of course it is normal.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    totally normal.

Don't the fact that your gay throw you, you'd be nervious if it was your first time with a girl too.

4. EM68

Its normal like anything new. I was real nervous about being intimate with a man for the first time, especially since I came out later in life compared to others. Once the time came, and I was in the moment, everything was fine. :wink:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's normal. Take your time, don't be afraid to tell the other person that it's your first time being with a guy (or with anyone, if that's the case). And don't let yourself feel even the slightest pressure to do anything you aren't ready for.

If the person genuinely cares about you, he won't mind letting you take your time and ease into things slowly, and if you'd feel more comfortable being the one to set the pace, tell him that and most likely, if he cares about you, he should be fine with it.

6. Sylver

Don't put any pressure on yourself to be anyone other than who you are, or to do anything that you're not 100% comfortable with doing at this point. Anybody who doesn't respect that doesn't deserve to get to know you better. Remember that it's not a race, and going at your own pace isn't going to turn anyone away from you - it might even endear them to you more! Let things happen naturally and don't try to script them beforehand or live up to some fictitious expectation. Nature has a funny way of knowing when to move things along, even for gay guys! :thumbsup:

7. Beachboi92

^Agreed
    It is perfectly normal, only advice i can give you is wait for the right moment :slight_smile: From my personal experience trying to "get it over with" only results in some difficulty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: