1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Justindee13, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Justindee13

ok so i saw this guy with his bf, the guy was my first crush btw, and instantley i felt really jealous, i dont know why but i did. Im 15 and there is no guys at my school and i just feel really jealous about all my friends who have relationships even though they are straight. How can i get rid of it? im not lookin for a bf even thoguh it would be nice. It just makes me get sad and depressed.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I guess you felt jealous because it reminded you of something that never happened (but a part of you wished that it would have happened) and seeing him together with someone else brought some of your old feelings back again.

It sounds like that there is a part of you that wants that experience of having a boyfriend. I mean, lets face it, we all want that at some point in our lives. The first step would be perhaps trying to move on and try not to think about that you saw them together. If you do think about it, and you start feeling jealous, try to remain distracted. Do something that you know will work for you. Spend some time with friends and/or try joining some activities at school. One of the best ways to get over the feelings for someone is to remain buys/active so that your mind doesn't get the chance to wander off into "what could have been."

Given that you have mentioned that "it would be nice" to have a boyfriend, why not trying to find someone. Yes, you are only 15 years old and there is still plenty of time to find and build a relationship with someone, but if it would help you to feel less jealous of others and have that experience, maybe try finding someone then. It is going to take some work but if you are willing to put in the work and effort it could pay off. Maybe give it some thought as to what you would like to do. Maybe getting out there as it were, it will also help you turn the page again, knowing that there is also someone for you out there.

I hope this helps a bit!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's getting harder to remember fifteen, but I seem to recall feeling a lot of righteous indignation at the injustice in the world. But it was much less of the type "how come some people are dirt poor while others have too much?" It was "how come he's popular and I'm not?" and "why are they attractive and I'm so ugly?" It apparently was unfair mainly when it involved someone else getting something that I wasn't getting. :slight_smile:

I don't know if that's exactly what's going on here, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that it's a component. And there's not too much you can do about even if it is. About all you can do is recognize it, add it to your "life's unfair" stack, and go about your business.

Lex