1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I apparently have no judgment and am a complete douchebag.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GhostDog, Feb 25, 2010.

1. GhostDog

VENT TIME. Or I'll explode, seriously.

So today started off completely bitchin' awesome and ended a complete and utter shitfest and I feel so weird about the whole goddamn thing.

So I'd had tickets to see Tegan and Sara for three months. I ask a friend of mine who I know likes that kind of music if she wants to go with, back in November when I bought them, she says okay. She ends up having to back out this week because she had far too much schoolwork to do. This, I understand. I'd have rather gone alone than request that she fail her project to accompany me.

I apparently should have gone alone.

I invited my best friend instead, who I've been besties with since 7th grade. No problem, right? She saw P!nk with me and that was a good time. Judging by what happened to night, I owe part of how awesome P!nk was to how difficult it was to obtain alcohol at American Airlines Center. >:[

Best friend had way, way too much to drink. I had had, like, three drinks the entire night, because I didn't want to end up so piss-drunk I couldn't actually remember the concert I paid for. I shouldn't have done it at all; I didn't want to, but I did anyway, because I'm a moron. Maybe it was because I hadn't slept in two days? Whatever.

My friend had significantly more than I did. She got all quite, uh, grabby and kissy, which I totally went along with because goddammit, I'm a 22 year old woman who's never even held hands with someone other than a relative. I didn't want to be doing that, there, but I didn't really want to say no, either. Had the situation been different, I wouldn't feel too weird making out with her at all. I mean, she'd had a crush on me, I'd had a crush on her, there is kind of a history? But she's dating a guy and he's totally awesome and I feel so shitty about participating in that. If she were single and we were alone it'd just be a little awkward because we've known each other since middle school, not ACTIVELY SHAMING.

I enjoyed it. I had fun, at the time. It didn't occur to me until the drive home the magnitude of making out with my best friend, who is dating an awesome guy who I'm really fond of, because we were drunk at the time.

And she was incredibly trashed, judging by the fact that she started puking and we had to leave 5 songs in to the actual band I came there to see. I drove her home, because puking can't really be ignored and I'm not gonna seriously expect her to sit in a bathroom stall horking her brains out for an hour and a half so I can see the show, but fuck. I planned this for three months. I spent eighty dollars. And in three hours, she manages to ruin the night and make me feel weird all in one fell swoop, and I know it wasn't anything she did maliciously. Apparently her substance abuse problem was not as under control as she made it out to be, and I should've said something. I didn't. I just stood there, let her grab me, grabbed her back, and even if I'd been sober I probably would've still been too much of a pussy to tell her she'd had too much.

The concert? I'm sad about, yeah. I cried on the drive home. I started fucking bawling after I dropped her off. But I managed to buy tickets to see them elsewhere in the state just so I can actually see what I paid to see the first time, so, you know, whatever. May not be the best financial decision but GODDAMMIT I AM GOING TO GO SEE THEM.

The rest of it? I feel really, really weird about. What makes it worse is that someone I go to school with was standing in front of us THE ENTIRE TIME. I kind of doubt she (or anyone else) cared much beyond, "Look at those two annoying drunk girls, goddamn" but FRENCH KISSING IS HARD TO MISS. I am so fucking embarrassed and I feel like I made a complete ass of myself. I really am debating avoiding all the meetings I know her from for the rest of the fucking semester because I don't even want to show my face.

So basically my first kiss ended in VOMIT AND TEARS. ALCOHOL RUINS EVERYTHING. TONIGHT SUCKED. AUUGHHHHhh.

I just had to vent about that. My parents got that I was upset at leaving the concert early (which I am and was), but I couldn't share the half of it. It's not that I'm closeted and they'd be "OH GOD GIRLKISSES", I just feel so frickin' ashamed of the way I behaved. I didn't start the mackin', I didn't even want to drink in the first place, but I sure caved really quickly, so I feel I'm to blame as well. =/ Eff eff eff.

This was long and I don't know if anyone even wants to bother to read it, but I have no idea how to feel about this situation. I've settled on "weird".

#1 GhostDog, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I am glad you wrote all out and vented. (*hug*)

What happened, happened and although the evening didn't go the way you wanted to or planned it but that happens. Lets face it, most of us have a couple of these nights. They are just part of young adult hood life.

Even *cough* I had one of these nights, where I decided to become quite brave and have actually some alcohol knowing that it would be quite the shock to my system because I don't drink any alcohol. It was embarrassing because I was with friends for a visit to the capital and had to spend the rest of the trip with them. But it was soon forgotten.

And this is the thing with these kinds of things. They are fast forgotten. If it helps you can always apologize to your friend and say "sorry for my behaviour at the concert, maybe we can do it the next time without the alcohol".

I wouldn't avoid the other person. Yes, it might be a bit awkward for the next couple of days or for a week or so, but as said it will be soon forgotten.

I think though that there are also a couple of positive lessons for you and your friend in there. You have learned where your limits are and have also learned what happens when things are overdone or when you don't keep to the limits.

I hope this helps a bit! Try to get some rest and no worries, the whole thing will be forgotten soon. (*hug*)

3. Sylver

It's water under the bridge. There's no point in overthinking it or judging yourself. In the light of day you see this as something you would rather not have done, so lesson learned and you move on.

Like Mirko says, *everyone* has done something stupid (or worse), especially when a little buzz-juice is involved. Someday I'll get up the nerve to admit what happened when I was 18, but not today... let's just say my parents would rather hear that I'm gay than this... :icon_redf

So yeah, file this night in the "Ones I'd Rather Forget" file, get a good sleep and then move on.

4. Zumbro

Well, I certainly had a little bit of liquid courage last Halloween, along with one of my friends. Long story short, we both find out we've been crushing on each other a bit. I however had already had the majority of a bottle of tequila, and was booting. My friend however, proceeded to still make out with me (which was probably unbelievably disgusting). We decide to see what happens, later in the week I break it off because I don't want a relationship failure to ruin our friendship.

So anyways, a couple of weekends ago we went out to a club with some other people. And proceeded to dance and make out all night. Thank you, alcohol. You do so many good things in life. :eusa_doh:

5. Camman3

"Better out than in I always say" - Shrek

:slight_smile: Bet you feel better, don't you?

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bunch to say.

I have a friend who also goes to concerts. But we very rarely go to shows together, mainly because we have much different taste in music. (She calls Def Leppard "my boys".) But the planets aligned, and we ended up going to see an all-day festival which actually had bands we both liked on it. And she pretty much did what your friend did - got totally hammered. Her daughter explained "That's what she does. Usually by the time the headliner comes on, she's usually at the 'happy dancing with red cup above the head' stage, or she's at the 'slurring her words and yelling for the band to play the song they just played' stage." To her, this IS seeing a concert. Seeing a concert sober, to her, would be like seeing a concert from outside the venue so the visuals don't interfere. To her, it's part of the whole experience. Now, to me, that's insane. I'm there because I love the music, and because I wanted to experience them performing. But different strokes. Yeah, it sucks that you ended up playing babysitter and missed the show. But do know that I doubt your friend meant to be a nuisance.

Secondly, about the kissing. Don't stress it. Not to get too dismissive here, but it's 2010, you're in college, and you're out. I don't think anybody is going to think you took advantage of the situation. Just play it off as "we had some drinks, we were feeling good, things happened".

Lastly, about your friend. Contact her. Thank her for going with you. Unconditionally. Don't say "except for me having to miss the concert I paid tickets to" or what have you. Just say "Thanks for coming with me - I'm glad I got to go." Purpose being to get through any weird feelings and/or "what does she think of me" thoughts. You can talk about it later if you're both up for it.

Lex

7. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw, GhostDog...I have no experience in this area, but I fancy myself a good hugger, so: (*hug*)

That sucks. I hate seeing my friends destroy themselves like that (or more to the point, hear about it; they never do that when I am hanging out with them and all my get-togethers are bone dry). The macking was really her deal, it just so happened you were a bit tipsy and actually into girls. You should talk to her about that night...who knows if she even remembers it clearly. And have some hot cocoa or something.

@Lex: Bleh, Def Leppard stopped being concert-able when the lead singer started wearing a hair piece and got a ponch; the vocals have been off ever since. Always sorry to hear about people who go to classic-rock and metal concerts just to get smashed.

Guitarist is still RIPPED though, and he plays shirtless now sans 80's-hair, :thumbsup:.

(*hug*)(*hug*)

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Bleh, Def Leppard stopped being concert-able when the lead singer started wearing a hair piece and got a ponch; the vocals have been off ever since. Always sorry to hear about people who go to classic-rock and metal concerts just to get smashed.

As I said, she doesn't go for the music. She goes to get drunk and be 19 again. Briefly. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. GhostDog

Thanks, everyone. =) Also, sleeping for the first time in two days helped, so I feel a lot better this morning. I've texted her (which is probably kinda corny, but my ears are still ringing from last night so I don't want to deal talking on the phone just yet, heh). She's my best friend, and has been for, like, ten years, so we'll totally get past this.

But yeah. Feeling 90% less weird this morning. I was tired and unhappy last night so that made things worse, I think.

10. RaeofLite

(*hug*)s.

It was probably part of the atmosphere, I mean I've heard of Tegan and Sarah concerts inducing females to make out and grope their friends. A lot of curious, bisexual and gay ladies attend their concerts so... maybe she had a crush on you, was caught up in the atmosphere and decided to wing it?

I'm sorry to hear about your first kiss like that. Aw... :frowning2: But just know that not all your kisses from now on will be like that. :slight_smile:

11. GhostDog

Oh we totally weren't the only gropey couple there, haha! We might've been the most intense in the immediate area, but there was a lot of smooching going on around us, too. And she is bisexual; she just prefers dating men. She's told me in past that she had a crush on me growing up (and I had one on her too!) and she's just a very lovey kind of person, so, I figure it was pretty easy to get caught up in the atmosphere there. (There were SO MANY LESBIANS IN ONE PLACE. It was amazing!)

And I suppose a first kiss with my best friend, even if the night ended shittily, is better than someone I don't know! Or who I break up with in a week or something.

It was totally rockin', though, I won't lie. She is a great kisser. =D

12. Sylver

Know of any concerts that induce guys to make out and grope each other? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. RaeofLite

...can't say I do James. :confused: Although if you went to a rock concert where the singers are all bi or gay that might be your best bet. Or a Pride parade. :grin: