1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to get expelled... I don't know what's wrong with me.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Fuck. I am really close to it at this point. Almost exactly a year ago, I left my previous school because I couldn't take all of the bullshit from teachers. Yes, other kids were calling me a faggot and stabbing me with pencils, but I could take it. I would only hit back when no one else was looking, because I would get in too much trouble if I were caught fighting. They said that self-defense was just an excuse. Anyway, I was mostly happy at the new school until I went back this year. I lost my motivation to do anything. I didn't want to work, get up out of bed, socialize, or even go outside.I have no clue why. I was extremely happy when I left school. I had made so much progress in my journey towards being fully out. I was even out on my Facebook! Then some bad shit happened and I retreated back into my closet. Since then, I've been a lot quieter and moodier. I no longer care about my future, or even making it to school. I haven't turned my homework in for weeks. I just cannot bring myself to do anything productive. My teachers say that I am within inches of getting expelled. Normally, this would give a person a huge adrenaline rush and they would catch up. That has not happened with me. I don't feel pissed off, I don't feel sad. I feel completely numb and empty. What the fuck is wrong with me?

2. fallendream

why must something be wrong with you?
    why did you lose all motivation?
    why would you be expelled for not completing homework?

3. Beachboi92

Depression and i think you realize that, people can enter phases of depression seemingly at random or when provoked by other things happening in their life. All i can recommend is to see a councilor, talk to your teachers, talk to the principle, your parents, have the psychiatrist/councilor talk to your parents and school, and try to get on medication. I am no professional but i am just going off what i have experienced and learned in my AP psych class, which it seems like classic clinical depression. GL and hope i helped (*hug*)

4. uptownboy

did you lose your reason to live ? or to do anything ?

5. Jim1454

What's wrong with you? This:

If you haven't dealt with this, then I'm thinking that's what is wrong.

Do you have someone who you can talk to about this? Your parents? A counsellor at school? A therapist? Your family doctor? It would seem that what ever that 'bad shit' was it has put you in a real downer - if not full out depression. You need to talk to someone.

If all else fails you can talk with me. Send me a PM and we can maybe figure something out. Because giving up on life really isn't a great option.

6. padre411

Jim is right - what you are describing fits the classical symptoms of depression.

If it is, it will be almost impossible to motivate yourself out of it.

peace,

7. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've done well by asking for help here, but it is something that you do have to keep talking about, either with a counsellor, family member or someone at school, or if that seems too much just now there are people here who can give you advice.

All I know is I went through a really scary time when I was your age, and I want to help you in any way I can so you don't have to go through that. But your situation is different, I focused on work to get through it. Your teachers are giving you a chance, they may expect a huge adrenaline rush but that's not happening, but they won't expell you, they're giving you a chance because they want to know if they can help. I hope there's someone you can talk to, it does help.

8. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, you're 14.
    I went through the same thing at that age. And let me tell you, it DID suck, but it helped form who I am today. I had to experience that one awful year where I did no homework, and had no motivation to do anything. My parents got me a counselor which did nothing and it got to the point where the teachers all sat me down, brought in my parents and talked about it to me. I cried and cried and I was trapped in a room with my teachers talking about how my life needs to change because they KNOW I can do it. If there's one thing I learned from it, it's that I DO have potential. The fact that your teachers warn you that you're close to being expelled and that you can see what you're doing to yourself is a good thing. It means you can be more than that. You see it, and you dont like it, and you know you can be better than that. It will take time to adjust to a higher self-esteem but honestly if you start acting like you're the best and you're on top of the world, people will start seeing you that way, and then you'll start wanting to do better again to live up to the expectations of yourself and others. Atleast that's what worked for me. It just takes sometime, these things happen to young people.