1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my life is over!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hopelesslover93, Feb 27, 2010.

1. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I began to high school 2 years ago,first it was cool that new people were around and i made new friends but then 1 week later a new guy joined the class(im not american,so we have the same class during 4 years) and as soon as i saw him -i dont know- something awkward happened i just fell in love with him. First he was shy but after some time he began to hang out with some jocks and got very popular.Girls in my class were just crazy about him, my ex-BFF also dated him last year. During 2 years,we looked each other everyday at least 5-6 times by mistake or not..We talked really rarely maybe 2-3 words in a month,at every school project im with him -i dont know why- our birthdays are same day, he always sits at desk behind me,lives so close to me. -really awkward- I think he's straight,and he doesnt like this situation,cuz he told some of his str8 friends about it.i dont know why-maybe theyre makin fun of it -dont care-.I didnt see him date in school except my ex bff. everytime i catch him lookin at me i got very nervous and just leave that place immediately and even worse, i cant communicate with my friends when he's around.it's like he's lookin at me when i talk to someone else,and also he told about me to his gay friend. I just want to get over it and have a happier high school life, so what should i do?If he asks me ''do u love me?''(which he will do,i guess),what the heck should i do?Should i deny and say im straight or just face it??:icon_sad:

btw im in closet,but i think most of my school-mates guess im gay,

Thanks,:smilewave

2. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you accept yourself as the person God wants you to be, then you prolly have the backbone to tell him that he drives you flippin nuts. If you are not there yet, keep visiting ec! all the best! matt

3. Zume

Hey there! Quite to the contrary of what your thread title says..your life is far from over..this may be a way to get it on the right track. If he asks you..be sure to ask him not to say anything to anyone else if this is making you that uncomfortable. Since he has a gay friend he may understand that this is a very sensative situation to you..even confide in his friend if you have to.

Like seadog said..hang out here on EC for a while, look around..get some feeling for what it would be like coming out and get used to the idea first. We are all here for ya if you need anything (*hug*)

And welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

~Jon

4. Johnnieguy

What's the worst he can do? Tell you he's straight, right? If everyone else suspects that you're gay, finally having it confirmed won't likely make it THAT much rougher for you. Do whatever you think it best, but what's best might not be the easiest choice.

I wish I had the guts in high school to tell guys I was attracted to the truth about me.

5. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the advice, guys! I think he doesn't have the guts to talk to me either.. lol He still keeps lookin' at me but i guess i'll pretend like i dont see :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ..

6. Sylver

I don't quite follow this;

What exactly did he tell his friends? I'm not sure how much of a "situation" there is for him not to like?! I was going to say that you're probably reading more into this than there is, but if he senses something too then there must be more to the story. Are you sure you're not making eye contact with him more than he is with you?

Contingent on the above, I think you can go two directions with this. If you're bold and want to see where this goes, then try and get closer to him - as a friend. Make conversation, find out his interests, etc. Then if and when he asks "the question", use this as your opportunity to start coming out, first to him, as long as you have gained his trust. Tell him that there might be a spark but that you want to be his friend first and foremost. If the planets all align then away you go, but if he is straight as you suspect then hopefully you'll have a good friend going forward, and that's never a bad thing.

On the other hand if you don't like this ongoing uncertainty but you're not prepared to face him or to come out yet, then you should probably just let this drift away. You can either start to ignore him, or just come out and ask him what's up with the stares? But first I'd make sure that you're not the one sending the signals here...

7. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    His friends were actually trying to convince him to ask me out (?) I really dont know why,but i smelled something fishy there and didnt get close because of that. Maybe they're just some str8 friends want to have fun. I heard this talks from far away so they dont know it. First I was the one who was makin the eye contact, but now i think he makes it more, though i try not to. And yeah, i tried the first direction,being friends. But it didnt work. Cuz we both get nervous,when we're talkin to each other (once a time he said ''calm down'' to me while we were chatting :slight_smile: )...

8. Sylver

Well, first of all it sounds to me like his friends were just making an old fashioned dare. If they really knew or suspected he was gay and were encouraging him to "ask you out", you'd probably get a much stronger sense of that than you are.

I'd still push for the friends thing - the reasons you give for it not working are, to put it bluntly, not good ones. Everyone gets nervous; it's often a sign that there's some chemistry at work. Give it a fair chance. Who knows where it will go?

9. Halpert

I'm definitely with James on this one. By the sounds of it, there seems to be something there. If you guys are already somewhat talking, well that's great! Just keep it up, talk casually with him and develop a friendship. It very well could go somewhere good.

But the friends encouraging him to ask you out, that scares me a little. Would they be the type of people to be mean, or to do something like that just as a joke? OR do they actually suspect he's gay? Knowing how we teens can act sometimes, I'm a little worried they were just trying to stir the pot. I certainly hope not, but that's something you may need to be wary of. Sorry, I'm not trying to scare you!

Good luck, and keep us posted! :grin:

10. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, me too. That's why i want to get over this situation,i'm afraid maybe they're just trying to make fun of me:confused: And i'm very sure his friends dont suspect he's gay :dry:
    Even worse, my family bought a new summer house where one of his friends who knows this situation lives too,and we're going there this summer!:bang: I'm really nuts and confused.(!)

11. Sylver

So you feel that maybe they're creating this "situation" for him just to get to you, maybe because they suspect you're gay? I could see that happening... Some people can be pretty mean, can't they?

Still, if there's a potential friendship between the two of you it would easily overcome the ribbing from his friends. I can see why you'd want to run away from this situation, but your best defense might be a good offense; you'd take away their steam if the two of you became friends. And it really does sound like there's a mutual desire for friendship, unless I'm reading it wrong.

A couple of other things I noticed from your original post, he has a gay friend? That's a good sign - it sounds like he's comfortable with gay guys. Another reason to be his friend, even if he's straight! And I totally can't see why you're afraid he's going to ask you if you love him. Why would he do that? From everything you've said it doesn't sound like that would be in his character, and it's not the kind of question you ask in your average everyday conversation, if you get my drift...

But whatever happens, don't get too freaked out by it. Social dynamics in school can be quite complicated, but they also change very quickly.

12. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, it really is affecting my high school years,it makes me less sociable,cuz after all i feel unconfident for it and its like everybody has found out this thing. OK then, I'll try to be his friend..Thanks

13. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today he said ''I prefer to date him, he's hard to get'' for me. And his friend said ''Learn his msn address or something..''. I'm tired to pretend like i dont hear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and it's getting ridicilous. This conversation just made me confused again, cos i was being friendly to him, not romantic. Actually that's not what i expected.. :S

14. Sylver

So is he gay or not??? Or is he also having fun with his friends at your expense? This is like some soap opera where they keep you guessing for about 7 weeks until the guy turns up dead... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Would you be offended if it turns out that he's gay and he wants you?

15. Spectre

Haha, At the end of class you should have given him your msn address, winked, and walked away.

But keep being friendly. Take opportunities to talk to him when you get them. Facebook stalk him. Add him on facebook if you know him well enough.

16. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

just get it over with...ask him already! i say since you both get too shy in person...maybe send him an email or text message...you should have his email by now since you work on alot of group school projects together...ask him out!:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

17. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why would I be offended? I would just say that i wasn't ready for (that kind of) a relationship..:icon_bigg

18. Spectre

Err, wait, what? Didn't you say you fell in love (and I use the term loosely) with him in your first post? And you don't want that kind of a relationship? :confused2:

19. someguy82

I remember being in the closet and being conflicted about things like this. Being in love with someone, but pushing them away when it came to a real relationship "because I wasn't ready." Honestly, it's something you'll work through, but in the meantime my best advice is this, don't let your hangups get in the way of your happiness.

20. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I love him, but i dont really feel ready to come out at school(&&&)