1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i NEED to get over her...but I just can't!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Smiley1123, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Smiley1123

My first crush EVER started in 6th grade. (I'm now in 8th) this girl isnt even in my grade but somehow or another I am madly in love with her. I have been obsessed with her since 6th grade and I just can't get her out of my head. I've tried everything (trying to find another girl, finding hobbies...) and nothing works. And it's really a problem since I am just SO OBSESSED. It annoys the crap out of my friends and then I feel bad for expressing my feelings... :frowning2:

I suppose the thing is, I don't really want to get over her. My first crush ever. Is it even possible to fully get over your first love?

Anyone know anyways to get over someone or if it is even possible?

2. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I am obsessed with this boy who told me he had feelings for me last year but he turned into a jerk BUT I still think about him ALL THE TIME! I want to meet him again if he's willing. So I know the obsession part.

Is it possible to get over a person? Hell yes.

How? Time. I still need time, and given your age and grade level, you need it too. How long it takes is varied- so I have trouble helping you there. But I assure and promise you it will fade away...you WILL find someone who cares for you and who will love you and you'll be like "Grade 6 Crush who?" LOL! But all things pass with time :slight_smile:

Be patient. See if you can find someone who will crush after you and who you like as well. (Try to) Forget the other person. And by the way, don't you EVER feel bad for expressing your feelings. True, it might be annoying to your friends in the real world, but here at EC there are hundreds of us always here for you when you wanna talk :slight_smile:

#2 RAJ Aladdin, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
  3. Zach1992

That is exactly what I'm going through. I got my first crush (passed just a physical looks crush) in November, but am I so attached to him because I REALLY like him or because he's the first guy I've ever gotten close enough to to feel anything?

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't want to get over her, you won't. You need to actually want to move on in order to move on. If you keep thinking something might happen, or you enjoy the crush-y feelings more than the pain, then it's going to be next-to-impossible to move on.

Lex