1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m becoming suicidal I think

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Double Dubya, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Double Dubya

I just feel complete and without purpose anymore. I keep feeling like its ‘my time to go’. I don’t want to physically hurt myself but I lay there at night, and sit here like now, just wishing that I could go. My life has been pretty good. I’ve done a lot in my short time here on earth but its like, that was enough; I’ve done what some people never do. I just moved into my dorm room, and my family is moving so I don’t have anywhere settled to go, I couldn’t be home sick if I wanted to be. I just had a surgery and an alergic reaction that almost killed me and I am sick of being sick, and full of pain.

My first class is in half an hour so I need to go. I will write back later.

WW:tears:

2. Jim1454

Oh Wade! Man - I want to just give you a hug!

I can totally understand how you feel - you're lonely, and pretty nervous, and haven't been well... maybe even suffering a bit from 'post traumatic stress' after your scary trip to the hospital. I'm sure it's totally overwhelming for you!

PLEASE find someone to talk to!!! Or talk to me!!!

I'm going to PM you with my phone number - call me collect if you need to! We're all here for you.

3. Tom

Tom Guest

yeh as jim said we are all here for u, what your feeling me mum has seen many times as shes a pharmacist and the ppl come and talk to her after they have seen the local gp and waitin for there prescriptions, from what u said i think u do have some post traumatic stress but the fact that u have just moved and so have ur family makes it worse with the stress. and ive nt spoke 2 jim much, hes a gr8 guy i think u really shud call him and hopefuly ull b feelin better in no time =]

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Here is a hug from me too. (*hug*)

You have many friends here Wade and do so much for others. You are a good person and we love you want you to be well. There are usually counselors on campus. Can you check that out and make an appointment to talk to somebody?

Health problems can really get a person down. My sister-in-law had breast cancer at 36 and last week suffered a heart attack at 42. She went into deep depression too. She told me that she was almost to that point again after the heart attack when she realized she needed to get her butt out of bed or she was going to be in the same place mentally and that was not a good place to be. Try to do some "feel good" things. Listen to music you like. Do things that make you happy. We are always here when you need to talk but try to see if there is a counselor on campus too.

5. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wade,

Here's another hug for you. I know how you feel, hon. I was there not so long ago. Try to do some things that make you feel good. Watch your favorite movie that makes you laugh, or read that book that's like an old friend. I know what you mean about being sick of being sick, that was me about two years ago. It's so hard not to be depressed.

Please, please, please find someone to talk to. Most college campuses, even small ones, have either a counselor or psychologist on staff. Mine did, and talking to him was a lifesaver for me. I didn't even have to go through the dreaded health services to talk to him. I know all campuses are different though.

You can PM me if you want to talk.

Hugs.

6. Double Dubya

Thanks guys,

I've e-mailed the health director to see about seeing a counselor. Don't worry because I'm not going to hurt myself. I only wallow in self pity.

I think I might be slightly addicted to my prescription narcotics...

WW

7. Jim1454

I'm glad that you've contacted the health director. Good for you!

You need to find a doctor as well to talk to them about your prescription. I'm sure there's a way to get off them in a way that you'll be able to cope with.

Good luck, and don't be a stranger! We're all here pulling for you!

8. Sam

Sam

I'm glad you are going to go see a counselor and remember we really are here for you and if you need anything don't be afraid to ask.

9. careandrespect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello.

I am glad to see that you are seeking some form of help. Remember you are not alone. I also wanted to share something with you. I am not to sure of your religious beliefs but there is a prayer that I find most helpful --- here it is:

Dear God, give me
    the courage to begin again;
    to overlook the difficulties,
    to overcome the obstacles
    and to stay open to the
    moment as best as I can. Help
    me be patient enough to know
    it takes time to start over,
    and wise enough to ask for help
    from family and friends
    when I need it.
    As I look to the future,
    may I reflect upon the past
    and remember the lessons
    it's taught me. And, God,
    may I always look to you
    for strength and guidance.

Remember, I am here for you.
    careandrespect

10. xxAngelOnFirexx

if it gets to the point where you can no longer trust yourself not to hurt yourself than you need to be in a mental hospital. i've been three times (two of the times for multiple suicide attempts) so feel free to PM me anytime. i've been there before. i know how it feels and i've gotten past it a few times. still even every now and then i feel like it but i know enough now to talk myself out of it. if you ever want to talk about your depression or why your feeling this way than feel free. i suggest that for now you see a consluer and get some therapy.

11. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Dubya, you have recently gone through some pretty major changes in your life, medical as well as physical location changes. Change is always difficult to deal with even when it is good. With the recent moves you have made, there is for now, no feeling of having a home base and that is always scary. Also with the recent medical problem and your brush with death, you could likely be seeing how fragile life really is. In some cases, a few people will consider the idea of suicide as it seems easier than facing the fears being encountered.

I also understand that having such thoughts is not meaning you are actually going to perform the act and sometimes it is a thought that comes to nearly everyone in the course of living. But it is hoped that you will be able to seek the help needed and understand, having fears is a normal course for all of us and is not really a basis for considering such ideas as self harm.

Though it is a bit scary where you are now, if you are willing, learn courage. Read of people who have overcome various limitations or their own fears and show courage. (suggest reading about Teddy Roosevelt) Courage is not the absence of fear, but being willing to act in the face of those fears. It is what is meant in learning to embrace change and the journey it takes you upon. It will not last forever in many areas, but have breaks along the way but if it should become necessary to change again, you will know it will not overwhelm you.

Where you find yourself now is outside your comfort zone and you don't know how to respond to it. Allow yourself to be spontaneous in your responses and go with the flow for now. You will find a time and a place to reestablish your base/foundation and thus be at more ease. For now though the idea is to have courage and allow yourself the ability to free flow with what is around you and learn from it all. In the end it will be definitely ok and will turn out just fine.

12. Vampyrecat

Wow....I don't really know you that well, but seeing how I've been diagnosed with clinical suicidal depression, I can understand where you're coming from.
    If you EVER need to talk to someone please talk to me.
    (*hug*)
    Love and Light.
    La vampyrecat.

13. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you can talk to me also. ive some times felt up set and bad because i get teased at school a lot and i also had to go to hospital when i got run over by the car . im sure every thing will become better for you. you have a lot of friends at ec !!! remember that you can can talk to me if you want!!!

14. Today4U

I'm here with them! (*hug*)

15. CrimsonThunder

Aww DD (*hug*) Be safe buddy.

16. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

If u need anything bud u can talk to me im on aim and msn as both latinokid5000 so if u need to talk about anything im here for ya. I hope u get through this and it gets better. Ive also felt like suicide was my option sometimes things just get out of control but if u balance al the good things in life and everything you would be leaving on earth and the hot guys its not worth it . =)

17. Bryan

I know exactly what you are talking about, recently I have been suffering from mysterious joint pains that are brutally painful, and I dont know the cause and have been surviving on painkillers for tthe past two weeks, also I am still dealing with my parents, who i came out to 3 weeks ago. It is really hard, but be strong, you can.

#17 Bryan, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2007