1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know how much longer...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RainbowVampire, Mar 13, 2010.

1. RainbowVampire

I'm so sick of being trapped in a girl's body. I can't stand it. In school I have to be classifyed as a girl in gym, in chorus, when my teachers say Ms... In society I can hide. I already look like a boy if you don't know me that well, and I wear baggy clothes. But the places where it matters gets to me. I don't know how much longer I can be like this without going crazy. It drives tension in my family, and it holds me back. There's a girl I really want to ask out, but she's straight.

What do I do?

I can't get a sex change. I don't have enough money, and I'm not even 18 yet, so it's not like I could if I did have the money. I can't come out to everyone in school. I really don't know what to do. It's made me so depressed, I can't stand it, or face everyday life. Please, someone tell me what I can do...

#1 RainbowVampire, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. (*hug*)

2. Hello. Welcome to EC. It's always nice to see another PA resident here. :slight_smile:

3. Okay, have you tried talking to anyone about how you feel? Seriously, that's a crucial first step in getting to the point where you can feel happy in your own skin. I'd suggest seeking out a counselor at school, or if you live in the city an LGBT counselor (they're a little better at handling what you're going through). If none are available where you live, there are several people here who can help you through this. :slight_smile:

If your teachers' calling you miss and treating you as a girl bothers you then tell them you'd rather be addressed as a male for the time being. I'm well aware that some of them might not take to the idea, so start with one of your favorite teachers whom you can trust in to keep it between the two of you.

As far as your girl troubles (asking her out, I mean), are you sure she's 100% straight? Are you friends with her at all? I'd recommend getting to know her a bit before writing her off the potential date list. I'd start with your other concerns first, because you'll never have the courage to ask someone out if you're not comfortable with yourself first.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

3. Miles D

Hey!
    Having a "sex change" isn't going out and spending $50,000 on surgery to get a penis the day you turn 18. it's a lot more than that.

The first thing I suggest is that you go find a therapist. If you are seeking any sort of medical transition, and even if you aren't, they can help with a lot.

Living as male DOES NOT mean that you have to do anything to your body!! You do not have to do a single thing to get people to start calling you by a male name and male pronouns-- except COME OUT!!!
    I started living as male almost a year before I started hormones. I bought a chest binder, from underworks.ftm.com so that my chest would be flat, and I would be read as male almost all of the time.

Pleas PM me if you want more information... you're obviously at a very early part in your life journey. (*hug*)

-Miles

Here's some more info:
    http://www.ftmguide.org/