1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rain33, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So ive been dating the same guy for 5 months now. Hes older than me and he started college. Even though hes going to a local one and hes only like 30 minutes away its still killing me. Im just so worried. I trust him and all but im afraid he will find someone older and leave me. Hes ays he would never but i mean i dont know what to do. Im just so sad now because we wont be able to see eachother as much and it sucks. What should i do? and no one say break up with him because i love him way too much to do that.

2. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

well i wouldnt hold on too tight.
    just be like at his dorm or house alot. keep him close, but not to close. and maybe try new things. make it exciting

3. Micah

While it is hard to adjust, you have to be careful not to be become too paranoid with it all. The vital component to any relationship is trust. If you don't feel you can trust him, what kind of relationship is it?

Of course he's going to be making new friends his age, but remember that the distance is not necessarily a bad thing. One of the good things about distance (and therefore not seeing people as much) is that you tend to appreciate people more and miss them.

For example, you'll find that you have more to talk about with him, because you'll have more of a life outside of the relationship.

Be thankful that it's only 30 minutes, and try to really appreciate the time you have with him, rather than hate the time you spend apart.

4. justjoshoh

Trust certainly is an important part of any relationship. You'll need to trust one another as you are separated. It might also be time that you find some other activities to be involved with, so you don't dwell on the separation. Volunteer with a community service, etc. find something positive to do, while you are away. That will keep your mind off the fact that you guys aren't together, and it is doing something positive in your life. People like to be around positive people... that is natural. By maintaining a positive attitude, not only will you appreciate the time you have with him, he will as well.

5. mrcorbin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Are you really 15? Just wondering...

I completely agree with Dave... be glad it is only 30 minutes. All of my friends moved hours away... and if you really want it to work..it will. Another cool thing Dave mentioned is now you will have more to talk about. My best friend and I just moved 10 minutes from each other and let me tell you.. my cell phone bill will be extremely low! Its fun that we see each other but we don't have much to talk about because we are always together.

I won't give my talk on Love vs. Lust... but if you are really 15 you have to remember this... you have only met a few people out of the entire world. The entire world is full of people that you might be interested in. I personally don't have plans on getting married anytime soon because how do we know who we really love and want to be with? Is it possible that you could be on campus to see him and find someone else? I guess my point is that if something happens between the two of you, you have to remember the good things.. such as you are still alive and have the possibility to keep looking for that someone special.

Believe it or not..this is the best place to get help because I am sure almost everyone that has posted a reply has gone through something of this order..

Best of luck!

#5 mrcorbin, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007