1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ppreston9, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

i was thinking of telling my very close friends that i was bi. im not sure if im ready though. like i wouldnt want them to tell a single soul. i think i would only tell girls though. i think guys would be like, "dude ur a fag". so idk. haha also last night i was hanging with all my friends and i was going through this girls purse. she had all these beads and just a bunch of girl accessories. so i was putting them on and stuff. then this one girl was like, "peter ur like the gay friend i never had" lol. i was like " shut up" lol. so does anyone have input?

2. Time

I agree with the reasoning behind preferring to tell boys over girls. That's completely understandable, and I feel the same way. Most guys have it set in their minds that being gay is wrong, and and 'dude that likes another dude' is a 'fag'. If you think they would be accepting and not tell anyone, I say go for it and good luck :slight_smile:

3. paul7836

I found i had the same problem when figureing out who to come out to. Close friends that are girls seemed to be the easiest for me to come out to. Guys are a bit harder. They have it in their head that gay=wrong. But if you have a true friend that you know is a good person and wont be judgemental, tell them. you have nothing to loose.

4. Andreus

In Loving Memory Regular Member

two thoughts...

dont be upset if they are shook up in the beginning... its only natural.. they have to readjust the way they "categorize" you... no doubt they will begin to think about every time that they ever muttered the word fag around you and worry about what you thought at the time... they may be a bit emabrrased about stuff like that in the beginning

and the other one....

respect the voice in your heart that tells you whether or not its the right time and place... the environment can make all the difference...

good luck !!

5. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

thanks guys.
    not sure if i know what to do yet though