1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend trying to come out to me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 507bro, Mar 14, 2010.

1. 507bro

well I came out to my friend, last summer, because he found out for some reason and asked me and i told him. now over the past months on facebook chat he said that he has to tell me something and i ask what are you going to tell me. He freezes and don't say anything. He keeps saying "Danny (that's my name) .... I ..." and doesn't say anything after that. I'm trying to find out a way to make it less awkard for him lol. I'm guessing he trying to come out because well what would he tell me that would make him freeze and not say anything?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think being supportive and showing or letting him know that you will always be there for him is perhaps the best way to go about it at this point. If you feel that he is trying to come out to you, it is important that you do give him the time, until he is ready to tell you. I wouldn't force it or try to talk to him directly about it.

That said, what makes you think/feel that he wants to come out to you? Are there other things that are going on his life that he has a difficult time with that might cause him to have a similar reaction as to someone wanting to come out?

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, I agree with Mirko. Just come right out and say to him that whatever it is he's trying to tell you will not change how you feel about him. :slight_smile: