1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 month anniversary coming up...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NateDawg, Mar 15, 2010.

1. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I've got a little time, but I'm absolutely at a loss of what to get/do for my boyfriend on our 6th month anniversary. It seems everyone gets/does something now days and I'd feel totally dumb if I didn't get something. Our Anniversary is April 6th. I'd appreciate any ideas you may have on what to do/get. I'll have to give it to him the weekend before the 6th as I normally only see him on weekends.

Thanks in Advance guys n gals!

-Nate

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Congratulations on the anniversary! :slight_smile:

Okay, as I don't know your boyfriend lets try to approach it from this angle....:slight_smile:

You know your boyfriend...has he mentioned things that he would like to have, even if it is just something small...? When you go through the mall, think about your boyfriend's hobbies, the things he likes, etc... You could also try to get some gift certificates say to a spa for example or for something that both of you could enjoy together.

Now that said, and maybe I'm being old fashioned here, instead of giving him a gift, and given that you guys only see each other on weekends, you could also plan a wonderful evening with him. Maybe try picking a nice restaurant in town and take him out for dinner. Try to think about a couple of things that you could do afterward too.

The most important thing is that the both of you get to enjoy the time together in celebrating your anniversary and continuing the nice moments and memories.

3. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mirko - Very nice suggestions. I'm not sure I can do the taking him out thing. I'm jobless, lol. What I get him, will be from mom n dads pocket. He has said that watching movies all night he'd enjoy. There's a few he wants to watch. Not to mention mom and dad do not approve of me dating men, lol. Having said that, I will see about being able to take him out somewhere. Thanks for the congrats too! :grin: I've never had to even buy a 6th month gift. Nothing ever lasted that long, haha.

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Hi NateDawg,

First of all congratulations on your sixth month anniversary. I remember what a milestone that was for me too... but remember there's plenty more anniversaries to come!

Since you are without a job at the moment and you're parents are not sooo keen on the situation, then just find something that will cost you little or no money at all. I have a couple of suggestions below:

A walk in the park and a picnic, not sure how warm it is where you are though?
    A self made card, with a poem, story, rap, etc telling him how much he means to you
    Bake a cake or cookies
    Night in together watching movies, etc - nice and cosey and with maybe a massage afterwards

Just a few ideas, hope they help.

Jamie