1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Augh Massive Secrecy Fail

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chandra, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Chandra

I am so embarrassed. I lent a flash drive to a friend that had a whole bunch of music on it without looking at what else was on it first (I was in a hurry, okay?). When I got it back today I discovered that there were several files on there that I had copied off a secret folder on my old hard drive, that I would NEVER EVER want anybody else to see. These include embarrassing photos of me, as well as a rant about how I need to stop crushing on a certain person. (Who this other person that I lent the flash drive to is also friends with.)

I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet to see if he looked at any of the files other than the music folders. I just talked to his girlfriend on the phone and she said he never mentioned anything, so hopefully that's a good sign?

*WORLD'S BIGGEST I'M-A-DUMBASS FACEPALM*
    :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf

2. Sylver

Oooh... Oh well, you can only hope for the best! Maybe ask his gf if she can somehow steal the flash drive away from him for a moment and then you silently slip him another *cleaner* one.

And welcome to the club of life. I've done dumbass things before, and I'll probably do them again. At least I can laugh about them now.... ha ha... ha... ...

3. Chandra

Well, he's already returned it to me as I said, so it's too late to do anything about it. I don't THINK he would say anything to anyone even if he did read something he shouldn't have. I really hope not, anyway.

And yes, I'm sure I will laugh about this someday. But for the moment... eesh! So awkward!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing to be done. Pretend he didn't see anything, because chances are he didn't. :slight_smile:

Lex