1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think this guy likes me! I can't tell though, you should click here and help me : )

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

So I've compiled a long list of reasons I think he likes me (and a shorter one with reasons I think he doesn't). Lol. I would really like for this one to work out. : )

He used to let his foot lean on mine when we sat next to each other in class and he would stand close to me even though he didn't need to. Once after our feet were touching he randomly said that he was thinking about girls and then moved his foot.

We were standing in line for corn dogs and he stood really close behind me like touching me and he leans down to my ear and says "i like weiners." so i laughed and leaned back a little bit and said "you're really weird." so then he moves to the side and leans down to my ear again and says "i like long weiners." lol. i laughed and called him weird again. He normally doesn't say things like that. He does like to make jokes but I've never heard him make gay jokes for fun.

So when my friends & I sat down he came and sat between me and his brother and let his leg rest against mine. I kind of let my arm rest on his leg and he didn't move it or say anything. When he was sitting on the other side of the lunch room a different time I think I caught him looking at me and in science he steals glances every once in a while. Sometimes we have battles of making faces at each other. Haha. Like an "oh you fine." type of deal.

We were walking out of class today and he just walked straight into the front of me and didn't try bump me with his chest or put his hands up to prevent the collision. He looked at me and smiled so he definitely saw me. Actually he likes to bump me a lot haha, but I bump into my friends all the time so that's not too strange. He was walking past behind me and put his hand on my mid lower back region as he was squeezing through.

I asked him what he would get me for my birthday a while back and he said he was deciding between a hug and something else. I think a handshake; he couldn't decide. I asked him again today and he said a long, sloppy, romantic, hot... massage and then this girl added with his feet. And he added that too. I was like I don't like feet and he said oh well guess i'm not good enough for you no present for you. I asked him why I would want a sloppy massage and he said it was going to be kiss but he changed it.

You know how sometimes you can tell someone likes you by the way they look at you? I totally get that vibe when he looks at me sometimes.

I kind of don't think he likes me because he doesn't really make an effort to talk to me as much as I do to talk to him. Like on facebook I always seem message him, he never messages me first. But he posts on other people's walls and such (I'm not a creeper the live feed thing tells you) but not mine. Same thing happens in person, he seems to choose other people over me a lot. I told him he should text me when I had to leave facebook earlier than usual and he never did (rejected? I think so haha).

Thanks for reading this far if you're still awake. Lol. So do you think I'm reading too far into this or what?

2. Spectre

Re: I think this guy likes me! I can't tell though, you should click here and help me

Let me preface this response by the fact that I hate trying to decode "is he gay" threads. If you want to know whether he's gay or not, ask him! Or tell him you are!

Honestly? Yes. Nothing you've written strongly suggests anything other than a platonic friendship.

"i like weiners" --> he was joking.
    Leg on leg, arm on leg --> while not entirely common, we gay people tend to read too much into subtleties like this.
    Funny faces at eachother --> you're friends.
    Bumping into you --> you're friends.

The only thing that might indicate any sort of interest would be in what tone he said he was deciding between a hug and something else... even then, the fact that he doesn't seem to be all up and on you on facebook suggests to me he isn't that interested.

I dunno, take my post for what it's worth. Nobody on this forum will be able to tell you with any kind of certainty whether or not he is gay.

3. biisme

Re: I think this guy likes me! I can't tell though, you should click here and help me

I don't know if this guy likes you. He could like you, or he could just be comfortable enough with you to be able to joke around and touch you. I'm afraid the only way that we would be able to know, without being there, is if he did something really obvious. Like kiss you. The thing is, we don't know this guy and don't know how he normally acts. Also, we didn't see any of this firsthand, so we can't say for certain what anything means.

However, does he have a girlfriend? (So is he available?) Does he have any idea you have an interest in guys? You could try and find out how he feels about LGBT people by bringing it up somehow in conversation and seeing what his reaction is.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hi there! As it was mentioned above, only he will be able to tell you if he likes you. Based on what you have written it could be that he likes you, or it could be that he likes you as a friend and just feels at ease.

Are you out to him? If not, and if he is someone that you trust, maybe try coming out to him and see what he says in turn.

5. Mind Freak

Yeah, you're right. Thanks guys! I appreciate your input. I guess I just have to take the plunge into uncharted waters, not looking forward to that. I hate that when I like someone I read really far into their actions. Guess I get blind sighted. Lol. Oh well.

6. Étoile

I feel the same way sometimes. Reading friendliness as affection. Guys surely know how to taunt us. :eusa_naug

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

We tend to want people to open up to us completely, all while keeping our cards firmly against our chest. And frankly, that's not exactly fair, is it?

Lex

8. RaeofLite

Aah Lex, short, sweet and to the point as usual.

He does have a point though. You have to decide if your crush on him is worth more than any possible friendship. Sometimes guys (or girls if you're a lesbian or bisexual lady) get weirded out by being asked out or considered that way by a member of the same sex.

If he knows you're gay, it might be awkward for a bit after you tell him. But if you let him know that you're friends first and foremost before anything else, then he may come around and continue to be your friend after the drama dies down. And in an awesome world, he may surprise you and say he's crushing on you too.

It's hard to say what he's feeling from just hearing your side of the story, and on the internet no less. I've been in the same position you've been in, when I was in my first year of university. I was crushing pretty hard on a female friend, we'd hang out all the time,make funny jokes, play footsies, bump into each other... but alas, she was striaght, or at least not wanting anything more than friendship from me. I'm not saying that is your case (it could be though), but you never know.

If you're not "out" to him, let him know. Don't let him know that you're crushing on him right away in this case though. If he's cool with it, let time pass and see how things progress.

9. i need help

i found out recently found out that if you crushing on someone that your not sure of their orientation that it may be harder at the begging to straight up ask them but the longer you just crush the harder it will be if they are straight and then your just out all this emotional time...and its really bad...

10. sharon18

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

To know if a guy likes you is not easy, there are many of the guys who are shy and cant express their love so they show some of the signs that we have to understand, but what type of signs are they that is the biggest question, but now no worry, with the help of following guide you will easily come to know, how to easily know if a guy likes you.

http://www.articlesbase.com/dating-...-you-secret-signs-hes-interested-2317659.html

If you have better option than this guide then i would surely like to know