1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Crushes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by runner42, Mar 20, 2010.

1. runner42

So...im a pretty masculine guy and am attractive to masculine guys myself, but I seem to always have crushes on straight guys.

2. Spectre

Hi runner42, welcome to EC!

Straight man crushes are a common occurance. But they really only set you up for misery. Perhaps you could get involved with some LGBT sports or activities in your area. In doing so, you could potentially meet someone who's both masculine and gay. It's worth trying over sitting and agonizing over something that will never be.

3. Sylver

You're certainly not the first gay guy to crush on a straight guy... But it doesn't usually end up well. It's pretty much impossible to have a relationship given that he likes girls and you like guys, and you're about as likely to make him gay as he is to make you straight. Maybe settle for being good friends with him and expand your circles in the gay world so that you can meet people who can return your crushes!

4. Holmes

Yeah, that happens to me a lot too. Just sheer force of statistics. I'd say the more you're out, the more likely you'll meet someone who's also gay and fall for them. It is damn annoying that some boys can't be turned, but they just can't. It takes a while to get over any crush, just as you would if you fell for a boy who was with someone else, or who was just really not interested in you.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    story of my life, pal.

6. Jim1454

Hi and welcome to EC. You've come to the right place!

Straight crushes happen typically when you're not really out. Once you're out and more open about your orientation, you'll find other guys who are as well. Or, you'll at least let it be known to other gay guys who aren't out so that they can approach you.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is masculine gay guys like yourself. Your not really asking for support/advice so I'm a bit confused.

8. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out of interest are you out?
    It doesn't get rid of them(heck I've only crushed on one gay guy in my life and he loathed himself for being gay) but it does help alleviate some of the pressure making it easier to get past them. Sadly, thats the best I got.

9. uptownboy

it always hurts when you love someone who is straight
    i have a crush on my friend and he's a straight guy but he treated me differently from other boy but he's some kind of homophobic or something
    :frowning2: