I don't know what to do about this crush!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mugwump, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Mugwump

There is this girl I have a mad crush on. She works as a waitress at the cafe near my house. She is so amazing, sweet, cute, has a lovely smile etc. I go there once every 2-3 weeks lately for breakfast, and I'm always with a friend. I smile at her a lot, and she smiles at me too. Never having been out with anyone before, or even asked someone/been asked out before, I don't have a clue how to know if she is interested or not. Actually, I don't even know if she's gay. My friend said that she was paying more attention to me than other people today. She seems rather friendly. I dunno.

I am totally kicking myself today because I missed my opportunity yet again. I don't know how to initiate anything. I need HELP! How can I work her out? And how can I let her know that I'm interested? I talk to her, but only to order breakfast. I think maybe I would have more opportunity if I went alone, but I'm scared to do that too (stupid social anxiety). Maybe I could just write my name and number down on the serviette as I'm leaving =S

Any sugestions?! I'm going insane!!! :bang:

2. Spectre

Does she serve you at the table?

Leave a note that says "If you're gay, call me [phone number]. If you're not, call me." ?

Okay I just read the rest of your post and you said exactly that. :eusa_doh: It's a good idea, I like it! Alternatively when you order you can be like, "I'd like the breakfast special, and I'd also like to grab a coffee with the waitress sometime if she's interested."

3. Mugwump

Lol I like it, but it's a bit cheeky for me I think - I am having trouble saying "hi" let alone what you said!! But maybe the note idea is not bad. Then if she doesn't call, I won't ever be able to show my face in there again!

Oh, and yes she does serve me at the table.

4. Spectre

Awww, of course you will. She might not have gotten the note, after all! Or, you know, maybe you can employ your wingman friend to do something.

You could also consider dropping subtle hints or complimenting her and see how she reacts. Subtle hints as in, rainbows! Compliments as in "you look nice today!" "your hair is gorgeous - what do you use in it!" Or even skip those and ask her if she knows any good clubs in town. Really, anything that may expand a conversation beyond "hi."

PS: And if she mentioned the LGBT club in town, you'd have your answer! :lol:

#4 Spectre, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  5. pirateninja

Best way ever to psych yourself up;

If you don't do it, someone else will. And then you'll definitely lose her.

Harsh, I know. But it's true. Just leave a note saying you're interested, want to meet up, here's the number to call. If she doesn't feel the same way back, then there was nothing to lose. But, if she does... well, I don't need to explain :wink:

Nike advert; just do it. :grin: