1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual or not?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jay D, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Jay D

OK, I have a slight problem in that for a long time I have liked girls (as in found them really beautiful and said 'oh yeah she's well fit' etc) - however, I have never dated/kissed/had any romantic relations with a girl

Would you say that (on the basis of me fancying women as well as men) I am bisexual?

I do have a boyfriend and I love him dearly, but I also fancy women

2. x2x2x2x2y2

It sounds like you are bisexual.

3. joezimm48

Yep. I feel the same way so I know when it happens. Which gender
    do you like more?

4. SaturdaySaviour

The answer you'll be given here is - yes.

You don't need to have an experience with a girl to say/know you're bi. If you're unsure about your sexuality, such a thing would clear things up, but if you know you're attracted to girls as well as guys you're most probably bi.

5. Love etc

I agree with SaturdaySaviour. If you are sexually/emotionally attracted to men and have the same idea with women then you would be bisexual. I think there's a Kinsey scale that explains it somewhere... maybe wiki it?

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well I believe in the Kinsley scale. For me even though I consider myself as gay, I do have a weakness for a certain type of women even though I have rarely dated or kissed a woman. i obvoulsly perfer to be with a guy than a girl. Me I consider myself 90% gay and 10% straight.

#6 dude99, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
  7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

There's no way that your sexuality can be judged in a post of that length.

How long have you been attracted to women (a "long time" doesn't say much)? Have you ever wanted to engage in a relationship with a girl (sexually, romantically)?

8. Holmes

I find the near universal assumption of bisexual surprising. I know you can bring up the Kinsey Scale, but scores towards the end aren't really much to talk of. I wouldn't call a Kinsey 5 bisexual.

I think bisexuality should be considered as the feeling of sexual attraction for both sexes, with the possibility of a strong attachment for someone, regardless of sex. I mean, I'd often hear girls refer to some actress as hot. It's not that they have the hots for her, more that they see what others see in her, and in their case kind of wish they could look more as good as her. Conversely for men, there's the old phrase "Men want to be him and women want to be with him". So an appreciation for someone's attractiveness is not at all the same as something that should count in determining your sexuality.

The question is if you ever have a desire for a physical and romantic relationship or experience with a particular girl. If not, I'd say you're almost certainly gay.

Also not unusual for gay men to go through a straight or bisexual phase, as if to test things out, as I did till about eighteen months ago. And even though I'd say I'm fairly much exclusively gay, it doesn't mean I mightn't see a girl occasionally that make me raise my eyebrows a little. It doesn't mean I think I'm actually bi when that happens.

9. adam88

I would argue that "what I would say" is far, far less important than what YOU would say.

Do you identify yourself as bisexual? Yes? Great! You are!

10. Jay D

I've fancied girls for about two-three years, but never had a relationship with one. I tend to notice pretty girls, but I've never said "i wanna date that girl". I guess I'm more straight than bi - about 80% straight, 20% bi.

Thanks for all the comments so far guys, you've really helped me out!

11. justcrosby23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Possibly bi but leaning towards straight.

12. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are both attracted to men and woman sexually/emotionally (i.e. you could see yourself in romantic relationship with them other than sex), then you're probably bisexual. You're just going to be living straight if you end up marrying that guy or something, but your attraction won't change. But same as guys in marriages attracted to other woman, you should still be faithful! ;3

13. Taurusguy92

I know your pain... just flipped obviously

14. Jay D

Oh I see - thanks!