1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Flaaaag

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zexion, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Zexion

Okay, so I'm an out and proud bi guy. (Well, out to all but parents. XD)

I've been looking around my city (it's PRETTY effing big, at 2 million+ people) but I've noticed VERY few gay guys who are... straight-ish. I'm interested in masculine guys, who don't really put off that they're gay.

However, I've noticed that a lot of guys around my age (16) are either in the closet, or they're the flamboyant type. I LOVE flamboyant guys, but I'm not sexually attracted to them at all. I want the rough and rugged Gerard Butler type of guys.

What should I do to find these type of gay/bi guys??

(I hope this is the right forum to put this in. I'm just looking for advice as to what to do. :/)

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me give you an analogy.

Let's say you're a fan of some band - the Screaming Cheese. And you're interested in finding other Screaming Cheese fans, so you can discuss all the latest Screaming Cheese gossip with them. Also, say that (for whatever reason) Screaming Cheese only makes one band T-shirt - an ugly pink and green and yellow thing. So you go out, and look around, and only spot a few people wearing these shirts...and come to the conclusion that ALL Screaming Cheese fans have horrible taste in clothes.

You see the problem? You're finding the femmy gay guys, because femmy gay guys...well, they look femmy. They look gay. :slight_smile: And you're NOT finding the straight-acting gay guys, because...they're straight-acting. If they weren't, they wouldn't be in that category.

So where are the straight-acting gays? They're out there. They're just not that noticeable. Once you're old enough to enter gay clubs and whatnot, you'll meet plenty.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming you're in the Vegas area - no other Nevada city has that many people. But I'll admit to being surprised at the rather "limp" gay nightlife in Vegas the few times I've gone. Not that it's gay-unfriendly - everybody was really cool about it. But when I'd ask taxi drivers or concierge folks about gay clubs, they'd invariably look lost, and not have any idea where to go. I found that surprising.

Lex

3. Gambit

I was wondering the same thing as you Zexion, but what What Lex said is totally true.

Once I went to a gay bar in New York. It was my first time going to a gay bar. I was surprized to see so many straight-acting gay guys in the bar.

4. Markio

My advice is to not use Gerard Butler to define rough. His six pack was fake. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Sylver

Uhh... is it just me or are you both asking and answering your own question? Sounds like you're saying "I keep looking around for gay guys who give absolutely no outward signs that they're gay, and I can't see any!" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If all you're doing is looking around a city of 2 million people for signs of gay guys that give no indication that they're gay guys, you ain't gonna find much. Get yourself involved in LGBT groups and activities through school and other ways (contact a local LGBT resource center) and start mingling. Put yourself out there among all kinds of gay guys, and pretty soon you'll be finding the type that you like!