1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I in love or is it too soon?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jay D, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Jay D

OK, so I've been dating my boyfriend Michael for nearly 6 months now. When I see him, hours feel like minutes. Our conversations range from politics to sex to hamsters (we talk about anything and everything). When we're apart I feel really lonely, and I can't envisage life without him.

We're also the best of friends - he hauls me up when I'm down and he is always my No 1 fan. His family really likes me (always a plus!) and he has met my parents - they get on OK. He and I are physically intimate (not the full intercourse but we've been 'below the belt') and we have got our future semi-planned (at least for the first few months of uni!).

Would this class as love or is it too early to say?

2. dude99

dude99 Guest

Sounds you are in love miss. Hope it all works out well for you in this relationship.:thumbsup:

3. Spectre

Sorry, I don't know if you can be that methodical about it. Love isn't defined by how long you've spent with someone, nor is it defined by how well you get along with eachothers families.

Love is a feeling, and only you will know when you have it. It isn't rational or logical. It's not something you can define with your thoughts alone. It's a culmination of everything; your thoughts - conscious and unconscious, the experiences you've had with and without him, and your feelings and emotional reaction to him.

I personally do not believe 6 months is too soon for love. I am sure you have heard of love at first sight (true love at first sight is a rarity, but it is within the realm of possibility).

But when it comes down to it, only you will know when you are in love. In your mind, your heart, and your soul (if you believe in that sort of thing). The fact that you even have doubts about it suggests to me that you aren't quite there yet.

My .02

4. EM68

seems like love but you are the only one who can tell. good luck :slight_smile:

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I agree with the above and the doubt part!

That said, you connect with each other. You know him, he knows you. You can talk about anything and everything and you pick each other up and try to be there for each other.

Being able to see yourself with him and knowing/feeling that you are lonely and long for him, are important clues. :slight_smile:

I'd say you are in love but maybe you just need to become aware of it and recognize it as such. As you know, love comes in different forms, and has different meanings for others. But the things you have mentioned are already things what make a relationship great and what allows two people to look in each others eyes and know that they are meant for each other.