1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do tall guys see shorter guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Joe00, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Joe00

Just a question, since there's this guy I like but he's really tall, and I want to know how guys see shorter guys (I'm 5'7). I don't feel incredibly short, but in comparison to our heights we are.

He was rubbing my hand, and told me I look good too. So I have good vibes, but I do not how he thinks of me based on my height; like stereotypes and the roles in the relationship.

2. Mogget

Size doesn't matter :grin:

I'm on the tall side, and height really isn't a big issue for me. That isn't true for all guys, but plenty of us really don't care. Really, don't worry about it.

3. ThePug

Most people that I know don't care about a person's height, me included!

4. RaeofLite

One of my best guy friends stands at 6'2, and his guy is 5'8 or 5'9? There's a noticeable difference between them. I don't think it'll matter as long as there is chemistry and interest in both parties. :slight_smile:

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Not really answering your question but thought I might share :slight_smile:

First of all, I could never go out with a girl taller than me...I tried and it lasted a week. It was just too awkward and it sounds shallow but it is what it is.

That being said, my boyfriend right now is way taller than me. While it still bothers me at time, it just really wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be. The thing that bothers/ed me the most was that I can't never put my arm around him and most of the time I'm the one that has to be leaning on him because I'm the shorter one and thats just is more comfortable. While I like it, I sometimes wish It could be the other way around haha

I think I get the role thing that you are talking about, but that its just in our heads. The guy is the one that is suppouse to be taller and put the arm aroung the girl. Also, the guy is the one that goes behind the girl and hugs her. That might be uncomfortable at first just because we have been programmed to think that way. As long as you clear things with him that you are both guys and don't go with the role crap then you should be ok :slight_smile: Thats what I had to do with my boyfriend just so I wouldn't go crazy. Now, sometimes it bothers me but most of the time I really like that he is taller.

6. Gambit

For me, it doesnt matter whether a guy is short or tall (although if find short guys cute haha). I guess what really matters is if there is chemistry and mutual attraction between the two people involved.

7. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    as a 6.2 guy i prefer taller guys or ones around my height. However every one has different taste. In the end i think height is one of the less deciding factors.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will admit, I personally sometimes would like to be the one leaning on the guy or w/e, I am 6'2'' and I kind of have to realize, it's how life's going to be for me, and it'll be hard to find a guy who's taller. But yeah, I think it's just in our heads and our personal preferences.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm 6'3". I prefer taller guys... But that's a personal thing. It's just more practical. And i love long limbs =)

but personality is still paramount. i wouldn't care if an awesome guy was short.

10. Sylver

They look down on them... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

jk, jk........

I'm 6' so average height, and I can tell you that height doesn't matter one bit to me - I wouldn't even think of it! Don't read too much into things, and be careful that you're not projecting your own insecurities onto him. Chances are very good that he won't give it a second thought, so you shouldn't even plant the thought into his head. People hyperanalyze trivial things way too much... We're all different and it's those differences that people usually find most attractive about us. Just go with it and enjoy the ride!

11. pteen

honestly i don't think he cares how much shorter u are than him.

If u r sure u both love each other than there's really no reason to worry.
    It'll work out. :thumbsup:

12. Halpert

I'm 6' even, not horribly tall. But my super thinness makes me look like a string bean. I really don't care about the height of my man. Most any height is fine by me!

PS. When I first read your title and about half way into your post, I was thinking how we physically see shorter people. I was going to make some snide remark about moving our eyes, but, ya. :lol:

13. Darkwing65

We look down on them :wink:. *cymbal crash*

But seriously I'm 6'3" and i don't think height has anything to do with anything in a relationship. Some one's going to be taller and the other shorter. Being tall isn't all that its stacked up to be.

14. Darkwing65

:tantrum: totally stole my thunder! I should have known i wouldn't be the only one to come up with that zinger lol:lol:

15. Sylver

Hehe... how do you pass on a setup like that? :slight_smile:

16. Just Adam

well im about 6ft1 and i couldn't really care as long as i don't get neck cramp :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and that works both ways lol

after all when in bed height don't matter for much anyway

and as others say its all about connection and feelings :slight_smile:

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does it matter, he says he likes you go for it!

18. Ben

Ben

Some guys like to have a height difference

Like me. I'm 5'7 and my ideal guy would be 6'3+

So I guess it can work the other way around as well.

19. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm 6'2", and I find that height doesn't really matter to me. Though, it does make me feel more dominant when I'm taller by a rather large margin.

20. Markio

One way a relationship can be affected by the two people being different heights or body types is the variety positions in which they can engage in sexual intercourse. Standing up might be difficult. Not that big a deal, I don't think. I doubt all tall guys see shorter guys the same way anyway.