1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy wants to go out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Apr 9, 2010.

1. mydogstewie

I was talking to my friend and she told me that she knew a gay guy a year younger than me and she said I should friend request him on facebook. I did and we got to know eachother while talking online.

Well, I think he likes me, but he doesn't seem like my kind of person. I dunno, I don't feel a connection. I feel all he wants is to get sexual. We haven't met in person yet, so I guess I can't say fully weather or not he's cool.

I feel like I should go for it, because when is it that you meet a gay guy when you're in highschool that is around your age? Not often.

But then again, maybe I shouldn't go for it just because he's gay. What do you think I should do? :help:

2. biisme

Well, could you meet him first in person and clearly say it's because you want to try and be better friends before anything happens? You can meet him, yet not go right into a relationship with him. Seeing him in person, and ultimately spending some time with him might help you see if you really want to start a relationship or not. However, if you have no romantic feelings for him after meeting him, speaking with him, then I personally don't think you should start a romantic relationship just because he's gay. It wouldn't be fair to him, to lead him on, and it wouldn't be fair to you.

I guess my general advice is to get to know him better. Like you said, you haven't met him yet so you haven't quite formed a judgement. It never hurts to know someone better before you decide to enter a relationship with them. In fact, the better you know them, the better you will know what a relationship might be like.

3. hairdye

i'll be the devil on the shoulder, as i usually tend to be in such matters.
    i say meet up. get to know him. make a new friend. if he's cool enough, be safe have fun. ;x

i'll leave it to you to decide where the fun is.
    but it's high school, you're young. enjoy it. things get complicated with age.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say go for meeting up with him. Meeting up with someone is not a promise to have sex. Like you said, though, how often do you meet another gay guy when you're in high school and so many of them are closeted?

5. Ashleigh Ann

Definitely go meet him. He could turn out to be someone that you love hanging out with and may end up dating him but as Joey said, meeting him isn't a promise to have sex!

6. Just Adam

go meet him, get to know him, people do tend to be different in person than internet, connections are easier in real life. and you can explain you are looking for more than sex or you can just see how it goes and take it as it comes.

but you are wrong about rare knowing a gay person in high school around your age, the REAL rarity is knowing someone you be open and be yourself around., the fact hes gay is just a bonus lo...a great one lol

7. uptownboy

go for it !
    there's nothing wrong :slight_smile: