1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She likes me more than I like her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Apr 14, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

So me and my gf have been going out for roughly a month and a half now. I like her, I don't want to break it off with her, but I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed.

She's said the L word, as in Love, I havent yet. shes told me that she thinks about me constantly when I'm not with her, and whenever we see eachother she tries to buy me dinner all the time, buys me gifts (you should've seen all the vegan chocolate I got at easter!) and now shes trying to convince me to let her take me to see Jesus Christ Superstar, the musical. I loveeee that musical, but I won't let her take me cause the tickets are like 130$ or something.

I don't really know what to do. She's really overwhelming me with all the in-loveness, and I'm not that much of a romantic so I never think to bring her little gifts or anything like that, but ive tried to pay for us going out before, but its hard as I dont make as much money as her, and I think she knows that it makes me feel bad.

Should I talk to her about this?

2. RaeofLite

Yes. Talk to her. Let her know that you like her and care for her, but that you feel things are going too fast (which is what it sounds like from your point of view) and that you'd like to take things a little slower and maybe not focus on the gift giving or whatever else and rather on getting to know each other more by simply spending time with one another.

That's what I would do. :slight_smile:

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I think you should definitely talk to her about slowing things down a bit. Tell her that you like her and have no intention of breaking it off but things are moving a bit too quick for your comfort. I mean, me and my boyfriend didn't say I love you until 3 or 4 months after we started dating. I know everyone gets to that point at different paces, but if you guys aren't on the same page it might be worth mentioning. Make sure you let her know not to get worried, that you don't plan on breaking up and she's not doing anything wrong but things are just going slightly too fast.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Should I talk to her about this?

Definitely. Just make sure you phrase things well. She just appears to have "run ahead of you" in the relationship, and you need some time to see if you catch up. Thus, you need her to calm down a tad. No more gifts, no more L-word. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. guacj

I personally think that the key to any relationship is an open line of communication. If you like her, and might possibly want to be with her for a while then you need to be open and up front with her and incourage her to do the same. If you fail to communicate in any relationship it is bound to fail. Be true to who you are and let her know what you like and dont like. I would just tell her that as much as you appreciate all of the nice things that she does for you you would appreciate if she doesnt do them. Tell her how it makes you feel that you cannot give her the same treatment, and that even though she doesnt care it really makes you feel crummy!

Hope this helps!

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes you should talk to her about it.

But, don't get too over whelmed by this either, I'll tell you a story.

I have two friends that have been together for years, once one of them said he loved her more then she loved him; but, they were ok with it because if they both loved each other with the same intensity then they would never leave the bedroom or go to work or visit friend because they would want to send every waking moment together, and while that is a good fantasy...lets face it just isn't reality.