1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm....help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Are there any words that are not okay to use when describing a guys pictures? I think he's freaking hot but I don't think that'd be a good word to use...

2. Spectre

You can use words like attractive, handsome, or cute. Or, depending on the guy and how you want to portray yourself, you can use "freaking hot." :lol:

3. I want to portray myself as a serious person who isn't looking for just sex.

4. padre411

My compromise is to compliment their physical fitness, their smile. These convey interest, communicate attraction but don't perform a strip tease.

Of course, I'm new enough at this whole thing that I can't promise this is effective. :slight_smile:

5. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm all about "say the first thing that comes to mind." So if it's "you're fucking hawt" so be it.

You can always tell him just what you said, "I think your picture if fuckin' hawt. But don't get the impression I just want sex. Hi!"

6. RaeofLite

Something I may say:
    "Hey.I think you're really attractive. I was wondering if you wanted to go out for (insert here: coffee, dinner, lunch, play games at the arcade, kick a soccer ball around etc)"

7. Prccgeek

I would maybe compliment as specific feature like his hair or eyes or his smile...that seems more heartfelt and less "I want sex!" But you could also just say he is really attractive.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, I wouldn't tell him he's hot if sex is not what you are after. That just screams sex to me. I would tell him he has nice eyes or a nice smile. That lets him know you are interested without screaming sex. :slight_smile:

9. Update : I told him he was "attractive". It worked just as I hoped. And the conversation continued just as well

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good. :slight_smile:

My friend would always say "I don't just want sex from you. I want to make you pancakes the next morning, too." :slight_smile:

Lex

11. @beckyG I hope when I come out - my mother is as accepting as you are. I don't know.
    @Lexington - if I ever get to a point where I am in a sexual relationship, i will have to remember that line. makes me laugh