1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a Boyfriend advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, Apr 15, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Will here is the situation, I want a boyfriend who is nice good looking and hopefully experanced (you know what i mean) but here is the thing,
    Firstly i am still a little aprihanceive of dating the same sex because of all the homophobes and what peaple have put in my head about what is 'normal', so i have a barrier stopping me from looking.
    Secondly I know nothing about dating and i have little conferdent in trying to pick sombody up as I am unexpences in dating (never had a real girlfriend or boyfriend).
    Thirdly I dont know were to look and I dont know what I am realy looking for(i have standards).
    so could somebody with more exprence help please.:help:

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you want a bf that's experienced?

Maybe I'm weird but if I could choose I'd choose a guy who hasn't been with lots of other men.

And getting experienced is the fun part! :wink:

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    who doesn't, if you find the secret let me know would ya?

4. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to agree with Austin here. Why exactly do you want someone experienced when you have no experience yourself? It sounds to me like you're setting yourself up for heartbreak.

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

ok forget about the expeanced part i still need advice.

6. Crusader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just be yourself, i've found when you go looking you tend to pick up losers. Just haven fun and the rest will follow

7. Miss Bubbles

just be yourself and dont worry. If your family and friends are like mine they call me a whore just for having four boyfriends in three years and they have a different one each week/month.

8. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Well given your age I guess a gay bar is not really an option for you - unless you look old enough that is. I guess it is quite a bit harder to find yourself a boyfriend if you are not out of the closet - as it's harder to make the leap and try and pick somebody up, just incase you're wrong and it all comes out in the open. I would suggest checking online for any GBLT youth centres in your area. Where I lived in Yorkshire there were quite a few, especially in the larger towns and cities. It's effectively a youth club for gay people, atleast that would allow you to meet the people who like you share an interest in members of the same sex.

But in the same way I would say you're 17, don't stress. For me personally, I had no luck trying to find a boyfriend really up until I was 19. I had pretty much given up looking for the time and realised that since I was not out yet, then there was a slim chance. Before you know it, no sooner had I stopped looking - I had started talking to a very nice guy on this website actually. And you know what we're now together over two years. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is DON'T STRESS, you'll find the right person one day - there's no rush now.

Jamie

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice - don't go "looking for a boyfriend". There are two major pitfalls when guys go out "looking for a boyfriend".

Pitfall One - they create an Ideal Boyfriend in their head, and then start comparing everybody they run into against this ideal. Well, this guy might seem nice, but he's not as cute as IB, so pass. In doing so, they reject a lot of guys that they actually COULD get into a relationship with.

Pitfall Two, and the one I think is more likely for you - they feel that ANY boyfriend is better than no boyfriend. These guys almost invariably end up in horrible relationships. They wind up with users and abusers, and are often easily manipulated into staying in the relationship because "nobody else will have me". A good relationship is great - no doubt about it. But a lousy relationship is MUCH worse than being single.

Lex

10. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Thanks for the advice I find somebody, evencaly and indoing so I will find out who I am so win/win.

11. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I know what this is like. I tend to be the type that doesn't want to rock the boat but the first time I liked a guy that could like me back (ie. he wasn't straight) I didn't care what anybody thought, I would have told anybody I was gay at that moment.