1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression of not knowning what you are!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, Apr 16, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

All of a sudden I getting this spasumes of depression because i have no clue of who I am. because there are parts of me that wanting to be what I am and others that try to supress and say your talking nonsence (As I am SLIGHTLY Autisic). And when my mind is stiallty on one orantaion that I might be (Gay or Bi) something destableises it and makes me go over there process all over again and I am feed up with it and I get depressed. help?:help:

2. D_Alejandro

I know how you feel. You can't let it get to you. Finding out who you truly are is a process that may take a very long time. In fact, it may take a lifetime to know who you truly are.

Don't rush anything. Don't over think anything because you will only get more upset. Focus on the present and don't over analyze things because you will drive yourself crazy!

Take it easy and go with the flow. Your identity will be clear to you in time. Don't rush it because it will not be healthy for you in the long run. It's better to be patient.

Be happy with who you currently are. Like I said, everything will be clear to you in time.

:slight_smile:

3. British Lad

British Lad Guest

That will mean getting laid and having somebody in approxamently 255M years for me. Better get used to it I spose.

4. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I feel very depressed about not knowing what I am. I dont know why I am on this planet half the time.

#4 British Lad, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm slightly autistic too. Asperger's Syndrome and I know exactly what you're talking about...it's....not fun.

6. British Lad

British Lad Guest

nice to know somebody is like me i.e. Slightly autisic

7. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Does it matter?

You could sit and conjure up all these reasons as to why you were born and for what purpose and if the order of the cosmos went into disarray or if it was fate or destiny or whatever other ways you can put it, and have a hypothetical field day generating all of these explanations, but the fact of the matter is that you are on this planet whether you question the reasons or not. You're living, you're breathing, you're walking, you're talking. if you concede that fact, then you can approach life and yourself in a manner that you can figure out what you can do with yourself to change or achieve things.

As for figuring out who or what you are, identification is pretty subject to variability anyway. You are what you make yourself to be, whether it be to yourself, or to your peers. How you interpret yourself to be, what labels you attribute to yourself, what you want to become, that all adds up to the equation of what you are, and if you feel the need to figure out or develop what you think of yourself to be, it'll come in time.

8. djt820

This.

9. British Lad

British Lad Guest

By the time I find out I will be dead

10. British Lad

British Lad Guest

sorry about the negativeity I was going thopught a short period of self distruction. but it would be nice to know what I am so 'I can move on and get on in life.

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it may be that you mind switches gears as a defense machanism, you don't want to deal with being gay or Bi or whatever, so the brain switches to something else.

I think maybe what we have here is a little disorganised thinking. It seems like what you're asking is a question EVERYONE asks: Who am I? What is my reason for being here? (ok that was 2 questions).

It is one of those life long philosophical questions that will be asked long after all of us are dust.

12. D_Alejandro

Day by the day! And try to think happy thoughts! I have struggled with the same thing for years. I'm doing better now. Just focus on the GOOD and NOT on the bad!! I know you can do it. It's possible! :slight_smile:

Remember, you are not alone.