1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranoia

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by honeybun, Apr 16, 2010.

1. honeybun

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm 23 yr old woman looking for advice, in the past month I've become aware of my sexuality and feel super paranoid about it. When I'm in class and hear anything that sounds like gay and coming out I start to panic, anyone had that feelin before??:eek:

2. dude99

dude99 Guest

I have had that feeling before, and its a time process to get comfortable with your sexuality. It may not happen overnight but it will happen if you want it to. Comming to empty closets is a big step and I welcome you here.

3. Zumbro

I've definitely had that before, especially before I was out. Whenever it was brought up, I worried people were going to say something to me, and I would be outed. Being out of my own choice though now, it doesn't worry me at all.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I think thats quite a common thing to feel, I guess its just not something people talk about very often because usually when they have the feeling they are in the closet and so dont discuss it. I think a lot of it stems from the insecurity about being gay or someone finding out, and I think everytime you hear the word or a word associated with it it brings it to the forefront of your mind. I think as you become comfortable with your sexuality it will fade away, but welcome to EC stick around im sure we can help you out.

5. AlyssWonderland

I've had that a bit lately. I've been asking the people I have come out to already if they knew I was bi, and if it was really obvious... Even though they say that they had no idea, I feel like people can tell. I hold so many thing back that I could say but I feel like it would hint people along.
    I'm starting to get over it though, I suppose it takes a while for people to become proud of who they are.

6. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same feeling every time too. When an opportunity comes up where I could out myself I feel that way and when something gay comes up I feel like it's an opportunity come out that i'm not taking because i'm too nervous.

You're not alone. My heart races and my brain starts shooting a thousand thoughts a second.

7. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC.

I think we're all over-sensitive about the issue when we first start to come to terms with it. As you get more comfortable with the idea, you'll relax.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

It's not uncommon. It just means you're not entirely comfortable with the idea yet. Give it time. Enjoy being bisexual, and as you get cooler with the concept. you won't freak out as much. Or, eventually, at all. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. Sylver

Totally had the same feeling. For a very long time... It's kinda step 1 in the self-acceptance process. It's good that you've recognized it and acknowledged it. Now you can start focusing in on your feelings and testing them against the truth. Get exposed to more LGBT people, read the news, read the stories here on EC, start to realize that we are all pretty normal people with one interesting characteristic in common. As you come to understand homosexuality and your own sexuality better, pretty soon that feeling will wear off. Proof? I don't feel it at all any more! :slight_smile: