1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bpsmith25, Apr 17, 2010.

1. bpsmith25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    HEY:icon_bigg

Becouse i live in Dubai (im a New Zealander not an Arab) being Gay is Illigel:eek: so i havent told my folks im gay, i want to and feel reday to. but i do spend most of my time in NZ at bording school i have told some of my friends (whom are girls) that im gay but i have not told any of the guys becouse i think it might become a bit aquward living with them:eusa_doh:. i want to come fully out but those two thing kinda freek me out :eek:.

Does any one here have any advice for me?????:icon_wink

I hope so...(!)

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I would wait it out and not be to worried because you blow it, also act nateral and you don't have to tell any body if you dont want to. And when your not dependent on your parent tell them but never tell any body if it is going to do more harm then good.

3. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    If you want to tell your parents, go ahead. Just don't go around blurting it out back home and don't put your safety at risk by pursuing relationships and sex in the UAE.

4. Sylver

I think the combination of your situation and your age would suggest that you should sit tight for a while and not come out to any others unless you feel very strongly about it. Within a couple of years your situation could change dramatically with college or whatever happens after school, and this might make the circumstances much more favorable. I'm always a fan of saying that coming out is "subject to favorable circumstances" until you're 18, because these are crucial formative years of your life and much of your future is set at this point. This is one time in your life where your future is more important than your need to be out. So my advice is to be patient and wait a couple of years (it's not as long as it sounds, trust me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and see where your situation is at. I don't think you'll be doing yourself too much harm waiting.

5. Zumbro

You should have a chat with Steve (username) and see what he says. Assuming he isn't lying about his info, he's an Australian living in Dubai, so he might have some good insight into what you've got going on.