1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask this girl out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Joe00, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Joe00

okay, besides I am now confuse about my sexuality.

I want to ask this girl out, but she's a co-worker (from another high school though), and she's pretty.

I like her enough though.

2. Prccgeek

Do you have any idea if she is gay?
    As long as you don't think she will be weird about it, I say "why not?" I ask out a girl i liked recently and she said she wasn't interested but flattered and she was totally cool about it. We are actually better friends than before.

3. RaRa

Erm...

I don't think he wants her to be gay. =P

But I would be a little careful because going out with a co-worker could get pretty rough, especially if you two end up breaking up.

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well: two thoughts:

I think you mainly need to take a look at your motives. Are you really having any romantic feelings for this girl, or are you just wanting to do this because she seems available and somewhat cute? Do you really see a real relationship coming out of this?
    I'm not implying that the answer to these questions is automatically no, but your wording seems a bit less than enthousiastic, as if you need to actively reason your way into dating her. "I like her enough" doesn't really sound like you're all that eager. Which isn't a good sign.

Secondly: she is a coworker. Depending on how much you see each other, this might pose difficulties in case of a break-up. Also, some workplaces don’t like dating among the workforce. Especially the whole workplace situation might be reasons not to try and start something.

However, if you really have feelings for this girl, it might be worth it to explore it by asking her out. Sexuality can be confusing, so even if you thought you were gay, you might find out that maybe you’re bi, or that this girl is the one exception to the rule. Or you might find out that you don’t really have strong feelings for her after all.

Just make sure that you properly evaluate your own feelings on the matter and never feel obliged to keep going out if you discover you don’t really like her romantically. In case of any serious doubt, it’s always best to stop dating and remain friends, or just go your own separate ways.

5. Prccgeek

so sorry to give you all the worthless advice...I shall read better next time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: