1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He likes me! I'm confused!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by johny5000, Apr 23, 2010.

1. johny5000

So, i was talking to a friend on Monday, (the one I'm out to) and she told me she had shown a picture of me to another guy, who seemed really interested in me, she said that since she showed her the picture he hasn't stopped asking her to introduce us. I haven't talked to him,never!, but she says he's really into me, the thing is, I'm afraid, I've never been with a boy before and don't know what to do, How do you flirt with a guy when u are a GUY!???, who does the first move?,lol, I'm sorry I'm kinda nervous and exited at the same time, there are a lot of things running through my head right now.

In resume:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, what advice would you give to a boy who has never been with another guy, yup!, he would be my first one :grin:

Thaaanks!!

2. Sylver

That is sooo cool!! :eusa_danc OK, so tell her YES! Go for it! What have you got to lose? You have a guy who's interested in you who's asking to meet you... wait... listen... could that be the sound of opportunity knocking? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How do you flirt with a guy when you're a guy? The same way as everyone else does it! Just go with it and let it happen - don't worry about planning it and don't bother forcing it. Ask him out to a movie or over to your place to play video games or something simple like that. Then enjoy the experience and don't try to make any moves or anything. Nature has a way of making the moves for you... they will happen on their own!

Make sure you let us know the details as they happen! :slight_smile:

3. Gambit

just be yourself and have fun. Dont pretend to be something else because that never works and will not let you enjoy your date.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't bother with the flirting thing. The key thing for your first get-together should be "How do I feel about this guy? Do I like him? Do I 'mesh' with him?"

Let's change the situation a bit. Say your distant cousin Olaf is coming to town for a day, and you're asked to spend a night with him hanging out. You don't know anything about Olaf. What do you do? Well, you might go do something fun. Go see a movie, go bowling, whatever. Some sort of fun activity. And while you're there, you'll want to engage him in conversation. Ask him about his life, his school, his friends. See if he loved Avatar, and hated the Vampire Weekend album. Things like that.

That's pretty much your first date. :slight_smile: If you "mesh" well, conversation will come really easily. Five minutes after hesitantly asking "Um, so...do you like music?", you'll be laughing together about how much you loved that Lady Gaga video, or goodnaturedly arguing about which Nirvana album was best. That's what you're looking for. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Andr8150

I went through this almost two months ago and what i learned is just go for it, be natural, and have fun. Thats what i did, the flirting all came natural and now me and my
    bf have been dating for a month and a half :grin:

btw: he was my first too (i wasnt his)

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been in a situation like this, but I guess my advice would be to be confident? Good luck and have fun.

7. johny5000

Thank u so much 4 the advice!, but I have another problem, I don't know if I like him as much as he does, I need to meet him to get to any conclusion, but from what my friend has told me, he might not be what I'm looking for. What do I do?! I don't wanna brake his heart!

8. i need help

just try it you don't want o look back after rejecting him before you ever get to know him and see that he could have been the best thing for you...but if you don't feel comfortable with the situation see if your friend wants to go and try and make it a small group of people but let him know ahead of time if you decide on a group and encourage him to bring a friend also so he doesn't get intimidated...

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you don't like spending time with him at all, then yeah - call it off. But if you simply like him more on a friend level right now, and he's a bit "ahead of that", feel free to go on another date or two. Keep it casual and fun, skip all the handholding and kissing waiting for fireworks to go off. If after a few dates you're still not feeling anything, tell him you're just not feeling a spark with him, and say you'd rather be friends.

Lex

10. johny5000

Thank You!!!!!!! I think I'll get to know him better before deciding anything.

11. Sylver

I'd be up front with him and tell him that you want to be friends before you're anything else. That way if it doesn't work out you can still be friends with him without shattering any expectations, and if it does, well then you can go from there! In my opinion it never hurts to start out with a friendship! :slight_smile: