1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I fall for people where I end up hurt in the end?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dude99, Apr 24, 2010.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Why do I fall for people where I always end up getting hurt? Every time I end up dating or seeing someone I always end up getting hurt. Love sucks and dating sucks. I am over it. I dont at all believe I will ever have a relationship again. Last one and only one it turned out to be a real nightmare (and so fake) and the guy said to me I will never find anyone as good as him. I guess he is right and wont find anyone as good as him. (reason being is he wants to return to the relationship or even go to friendship level, but I will definitly not and not at all his friend now. Hey he can so easly get into relationships and has someone now and has no real trouble getting into one.

#1 dude99, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
  2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear you. I don't really have any advice because I'm in the same boat, but I will share a story with you.

The last girl I dated before I came out stabbed me with a knife, not because I'm gay but because she thought I was cheating on her.

Every guy I'm into it either taken, straight, or not interested.

Its though out there, no doubt.

I guess all we can do is keep plucking away and hope for the best......although that doesn't seem very reassuring.

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

You know what, if you keep thinking you're not going to find anyone then you probably won't. I'm sorry. My friends don't like to talk about things near me because I'm honest and I hate when people bitch about things. Your relationship ended so you're going to give up on relationships, nah that isn't cliché at all. You know the part that really made me think you're being ridiculous with this post, "Last one and only one", I must be reading that wrong because if you're seriously telling me you've decided to give up on love because of one relationship then I seriously think maybe you should because clearly it isn't that important to you. It also seems pretty ridiculous to me that you won't find someone as good as a guy who appears to be a total douche. I would love to give you advice but I don't see how I could help you if you don't even think you're worth someone who isn't a douche.

4. AlyssWonderland

There's someone out there for everyone, you just haven't found him yet. You will when you're least expecting it I think, and hey you may even already know them and just not realize it. :slight_smile: It'll happen. You just need to wait a bit.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>the guy said to me I will never find anyone as good as him. I guess he is right and wont find anyone as good as him.

Hopefully, you won't find anyone as good as him again. That is, as good at being a manipulative asshole.

Lex

6. Sylver

I'd say to just stop trying to look for love or to even hope for it, and get on with enoying your life. There is so much to learn and to do in life, and love is just a part of this. Stop making it a quest and get happy with life on your own terms, and get comfortable enjoying life on your own.

Now... I'm not suggesting that you get used to being lonely. In fact, quite the opposite. People who try to force love often end up being disappointed, and because they make it their mission in life, it ends up bringing their life down when they fail to find someone on their own timeline, or when a relationship falls apart. And then it gets into a deadly negative cycle, because others can tell that you're a mess and so they avoid you...

By getting happy with your life and enjoying it alone (or with good friends), you'll start to give off the vibe to others that you're highly desirable and you're worth the risk. You'll start to attract a higher quality of people into your world. And probably the most important thing, you'll allow love to happen the way it most often does - when you least expect it. And then it will be a pleasant surprise!

Even more so, it will empower you to be more discriminating about your relationships before you get into them. If you're not desperate and you're happy whether you're single or in a relationship, you're more likely to reject those prospects that your intuition is telling you might be trouble or a dead end. When you're desperate, you tend to shut down the warning signals, and that often leads to problems...

7. RedState

In the same situation...except I got the whole "space" thing. Hell, we are living 800 miles apart..how much space does one need?
    Look, we all have to deal with this, and heartache is something I would never wish on my worst enemy. No words can ease it and there is not a band-aid big enough to put on it to ease the pain.
    Sure, I'm in pain now and it sucks...because you think of them out there having a blast, hooking up with other people while u do nothing but think of them.
    While it is hard, and my seem impossible, to cut ties, it is something that must be done...just for your own well being.
    Listen, the last month has been hell for me. I turned to everything in the world to escape me pain...drugs, booze, etc.
    But ask yourself this: We he be doing the same for you? That's what I did. Would this guy go out and destroy his body and mind if the roles were reversed. No.
    And as far as him saying "you will never find anyone better than me"...well, screw that. The guy is an asshole. Remember, your greatest revenge is showing that you are happier without him. Easier said than done, I know. I have to put on an act everyday...but I'm getting better.
    It's hard closing a chapter and moving on...especially when you're dealing with a jerk like you are.
    As I said, I'm going through the same thing...feel free to send me a wall message if you want to talk further.

8. dude99

dude99 Guest

thanks for replies. anyway I was real depressed when I posted what I said. What does not help is I still haunted and feel cursed on the past relationship who said "I will never find anyone as good as him". I want to forget about the past misadventures and let it go but it is so hard. I really want to be happy but that can be a challange.

9. scubagirljc

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wise words indeed. Satisfaction in life, meaning, does not have to come from a mate, although it can. There is so much more to life, discovering those things are part of the experience. Wonderful to do with a mate, but amazing enough by itself.

10. BlueBear

If you really want an answer to "Why do I fall for people where I always end up getting hurt?" it will take some work on your part. You have to figure out what you are attracted to and why. Lots of people marry the same person over and over after having a few kids but fail to notice the similar personas of each spouse and end up thinking all are like that. In general we are attracted to the worst traits of our parents.

#10 BlueBear, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013