1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...the first time you see your ex out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedState, Apr 24, 2010.

1. RedState

what did you do? because I know it is bound to happen with me....and i'm not quite sure how to deal with it. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

2. RaeofLite

You mean you see your ex "out of the closet" or out and about while you're downtown or something?

3. RedState

My ex out of closet. long distance, saw each other every other weekend. moving to his city...not for him but because of job. i'd really like to whip his ass...but haha i know i can do that.
    I hate cowards.

4. Mogget

I see my ex three days a week, minimum. In a school situation rather than a social one. I've dealt with it in different ways. There've been times when I've acted like he didn't exist, time when I made it very clear I knew he was there and didn't want him around, and a short period when I tried to be friendly. The third, if possible, is the best (it isn't for me right now because I hate his guts and can hardly stand to be in the same room as him). You don't have to be chummy, just...polite.

I've only been to one party that he was also at, and I just left when he arrived. Couldn't take it then, can't take it now. I'm gonna miss one of my friend's parties cause she's invited him, too, which makes me sad, but I'm not ready to face him in that sort of situation.

5. RaeofLite

Hey now. It says you're out to a "VERY select few". You know what it's like, worrying about what others think, what they'll say/do about or to you. Don't be hating on the people in the closet. It's a scary world before you know what it's like to break down that door. It's liberating once you do it, even if there is the option of losing friends, family and possibly a job because you can feel free with yourself.

I understand what you're saying though. My current girlfriend isn't out to everyone, but for me, she's out to those that matter: friends and my family and that's ok for me. :slight_smile:

6. RedState

Me...I'm not out. He his. We live in two different cities...but I am moving to his because of work. I've been working for a politician for years and im being moved to the capitol hill office. I'm in the closet for job survival reasons.

7. RaeofLite

Well I'm sorry to hear that. It's sad to say that in 2010 people still need to lead closeted lives. :frowning2: (*hug*) Perhaps once the Antidiscriminatory bill is in place, then things will start to change.

Honestly? One day I dream of a day when people won't even have to come out, they'll just say, "Yea, mom, dad, I'm gay." "Really? Oh ok. Did you want to bring your bf/gf over?"

8. RedState

Haha...props to that. But I'm in Birmingham and work for a republican politician on a national level. but...thats life.