1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible for one book to change your thinking?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xander391, Apr 25, 2010.

1. xander391

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok so i have been reading this book, the vast fields of ordinar by nick burd, i just finished it. but the book had such an impact on me tht i dont even full understood what happened. this is problay making no sense. the book wasn't some highly intellectual read or self help book just a really good gay teen novel maybe one of the best i've read, but the story really hit me. I felt so relatable to the main character tht i started to subconsiously adopting his life sorta. which is and isnt a bad thing. anyway. i had a crush on this dude at my school, we'll call him B, and for a while we flirted with eache ther then i had by bff try to find out if he was gay by asking his bff all i got bck was "he could be" wow. thaks tht helped so much so i started to become bitter about my relationship with B. then while i read this book i decided to stand up for my self, and to be less introverted and stuff, li even came out to my dad because of this book, ill post a coming out story later short version is he said he loved me and didnt care whoever i loved. yeah sweet. tears all tht jazz. but bck to my stroy, at my school we've been taking standerized testing all month long cuz im a junoir and the test suck so i've kinda been a little pissy soo last tuesda i decied to embrace my inner bitch and ran with it. i was a totla dick to everyone even B, but i did apoligized to my bff so she couldnt freak out on me. so yeah i think this book has had such an imapct, now i have the urge to get high but idc bout tht, its the new crush i've developed in place of B. Theres a guy in my ap english class who is a total douche. he and the teacher fight like everyday and hes a prick to everyone. i've always hateed him bcuz hes like really meean and says some pretty ignorant things, but on the plus side hes really hot. i didnt used to think this. all of a sudden i find my self like obseesing over him which i hate myself for cuz i know for a fact he doesnt like me at all and at least w my last craush there was a possibility of us getting together. with M theres no possible happenings. i dont know what to do though. i sorta like my new attiutude sans the bitchy, but im not happy tht i like M but i cant stop. i tried to tell my friends tht the heart wants what the heart wants, but they dont like tht i have a crush on M. can anyone relate or help? sorry for the lenght, my friends r tired of me venting .:lol: