1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Surprise!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dewey, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Dewey

Oh my god. OH MY GOD!
    I was searching through facebook and I found out that someone who I had a major crush on in my previous high-school is GAY :eek: I totally didn't expect it!! I REALLY thought he was 100% heterosexual. When I saw the "Interested in: Men" thing on his profile, I just about fainted. Anyway, he was always so friendly to people but I didn't talk to him a lot in school because I was shy. I really want to send him a message now but he's not on my facebook and I haven't seen him in 2 years. If I just add him randomly and talk to him, will that seem weird? I'm not trying to get together with him. I am just tired of not having someone to talk to. I need a GAY friend, you know? Am I being to sensitive to the situation? Should I just forget about him and wait for someone else closer to me to come out?
    Also, he is friends with a few gossipy girls, and some of my friends, so I don't want to tell him and have him end up telling other people.

Advice please, and thank you :slight_smile:

2. tazzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    go for it! whats the worst that could happen he declines :O

3. adam88

I found out a classmate of mine from way back in grade 8 is a lesbian via Facebook and messaged her. :slight_smile: So go for it!

4. Halpert

The worst that happens is he doesn't accept/talk to you, so I say there's no reason not to go for it! Buut. I'm always a little wary of 'interested in' on facebook. I have multiple friends who've had that changed by someone who knows their password, or change it for fun to see who notices. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket! Just being, cautious for you. :kiss: Good luck, and keep us updated!

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^^ keep that in mind

That and totally go for it. The only bad thing that can happen would be he not wanting to talk to you which would be his loss and you can scratch that possibility of your list and move on :slight_smile:

good luck and do keep us updated :slight_smile:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't send him a facebook friend request with an "OMG OMG U R GAY 2!" message. Just send him a friend request with a message more along the lines of "hey - trying to re-establish contact with some (old school) friends - good to see you here!" See where it goes from there.

Lex

7. Zach1992

I recently found out on Facebook that a guy I had a crush on, who graduated 2 years ago, is bi. It's is a crazy feeling.