1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer youth Camp

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Justindee13, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Justindee13

so my cousin is a volunteer of this queer youth camp. from ages 13 to 21 and so i would like to go. Its a week long jsut like a regular summer camp. but how do i convince my parents, its going to be hard but im not sure any advice, they arent fully accepting and still think im going through a phase and that im just playing around.
    any advice please.:confused::confused:

2. Zumbro

This might be an opportunity for your aunt/uncle to talk to your parents about it. I would suggest bringing up your desire to go to them or your cousin if he's an adult (so long as you are ok talking to them about it). Often times siblings can get through to each other in the way a child can't with a parent. I assume since their kid works at the camp, they are supportive of it, so they'll probably be supportive of you going.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also bring your cousin into the mix depending on his age, he could give them security knowing he's looking out for you. (or she, because you didn't say if your cousin was a guy or girl).

On a different note, you're lucky. I would've died to meet other gay men around my age through a camp like this, and lesbian women, and bisexual men and women. So good luck at getting to go, I would've died to go to a camp like that.

4. Justindee13

you know my cousin is a girl haha and ok ill try. thanks

5. Zumbro

Damn. I wrote my post and then went to change the pronouns, realizing it might be a girl, and apparently missed one. Sorry! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Justindee13

hey no worries